Called for Upsell

vegascruises

I got a call for an upsell from BA to a penthouse suite. I called the lady back still waiting to hear back from her.

She did not leave a price, but my DH left several messages and is going to call again Monday morning.

This will be our anniversary cruise and we want to make it the best one.

Any suggestions on pricing? This is the first time we've ever gotten a call to upsell. Do they give a price? What is the tipping of the butler? Can't wait until Monday....

countdown.pl?name=vegascruises&date=5-10-2008&image=alaska&text=First time to Alaska&ship=Norwegian Star

They will offer you a price. You can counter and they may take your offer. My understanding of the usual offer is 50% of the difference in what your current cruise fare only and the current cruise fare only of the penthouse in question. The closer to the sailing date the more aggressive the discounts seem to be.

IN 2005 on the Dawn we got the call for a upsell to a Penthouse. All I can say is GO FOR IT. We had cabin 9000 and loved it. People who were in a owner suite (deck 10) offer to swap with us. We had the biggest deck, and they really loved it. Again go for it, you won't regret it.

Go to the NCL site and check what the price is for the Penthouse at this point for your sailing. The upsell will in all likelihood be what you have already paid per person and the difference between the two. Could be lower as well - depending on the number of penthouses still available, but at least you will have an idea as to what the starting point is.

Penthouse life is good - but be warned, you may never want to go back on anything less. :) Good luck

Archived