Rental care agencies near Port Everglades

mzdtlee

Are there any rental car agencies near Port Everglades? If so which ones are nearby? I would hate to have to go the the airport to dropoff and pickup a rental pre and post cruise if I don't have to.

Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport opened a Rental Car Center which houses a number of car rental companies all under the same roof servicing both the airport and the seaport (2 miles from Port Everglades). A single shuttle pickup at Port Everglades is offered for the following rental car companies at the Center: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Continental, Dollar, Enterprise, EZ Rent-A-Car, Hertz, National, Payless, Royal and Thrifty.

Thrifty also has an off airport location just outside the Miami Road entrance to the port. Budget has a location off of SE 17th Street in the Quay Shopping Center.

Thanks fo the info. Does the shuttle just take you to the airport or are the cars near the seaport? The reason I ask is when I make my reservation do I need to use FLL as my pickup location or is there a code for the seaport?

Reading conflicting information on rental car drop off and shuttle service to Port Everglades. Is there shuttle service from the Budget or Thrifty locations closest to Port Everglades or is the shuttle service just available for airport dropoffs and pickups? Any recent confirmed info would be very much appreciated....

We had a Thrifty reservation at the end of our recent Emerald princess cruise. Reservation made on line thru the airport location and returning van to orlando airport. Was expecting to have to take the generic shuttle to the car rental center at the airport however when we exited the terminal there was a thrifty shuttle who took us to the location just outside the port security gates where they handled everything.

We also rented a GPS with the vehicle, amazing. Will never rent anything without it again.

When you drop off a car at FLL will the car agency shuttle you to Port Everglades?

At Ft Lauderdale airport all of the car rental agencies share the same bus system. They're operated by Broward County (the owners of the airport). When you exit the car rental center you'll see buses to take you to the terminal and buses to take you to the cruiseport.

So we are planning to rent a car for a few days before my cruise in June, so when I drop it off at FLL airport, I will have to take the shuttle back to the terminal and then use the rental car shuttle to Port Everglades, which is inlcluded in the price of the car?

Also, I am not getting a car on the way back, just straight to the airport and my flight home. I would guess then that they do not have the shuttle for me then, but I would have to get a taxi from Port Everglades to FLL? If so, how much does it costs?

Thanks.

So we are planning to rent a car for a few days before my cruise in June, so when I drop it off at FLL airport, I will have to take the shuttle back to the terminal and then use the rental car shuttle to Port Everglades, which is inlcluded in the price of the car?

When you return your car to the rental car center at the airport you will also pick up the shuttle to the port right there. You do not have to go back to the terminal.

Also, I am not getting a car on the way back, just straight to the airport and my flight home. I would guess then that they do not have the shuttle for me then, but I would have to get a taxi from Port Everglades to FLL? If so, how much does it costs? Thanks.

That's correct, you are not entitled to the car rental shuttle back to the airport. Cabs around $12.

When you return your car to the rental car center at the airport you will also pick up the shuttle to the port right there. You do not have to go back to the terminal.

That's correct, you are not entitled to the car rental shuttle back to the airport. Cabs around $12.

Thanks a lot. That's not bad at all, it should be an easy process. Thanks again.

The lady I spoke with at Dollar (and who had to put me on hold before answering any question) said that the shuttle only runs every 45 minutes and starts at noon. I'm hoping she was wrong, as it could be a long wait after debarkation.

I'm trying to help my parents arrange a rental after their RCCL Enchantment cruise. Anyone know how far they would need to move their luggage to get to the shuttle? They usuually travel light, but would like to know what to expect.

Thanks for any info.

T

Archived