Questions from a Newbie......

AOS, June 15th – 22nd

This is my first cruise and I probably would never have cruised except for the special occasion we’re celebrating. A group of about 45 are traveling for my parents 40th wedding anniversary. My sisters and I are now in the final planning stages for our guests…a welcome gift bag to be distributed Day 1, a group photo on Day 2 and a reception on Day 4.

I’ve been lurking and posting in the Roll call section but now need to venture out b/c I have many questions.

For starters….

(1) Does anybody know if AOS releases the actual schedule prior to departure?

a. What 2 nights are the formal nights….I know Captains Gala on day 2 and is the other Crown & Anchor on Day 5?

b. We’re planning a group photo for Monday at 11am but now I'm wondering if that will be the same time as the muster drill

(2) We're traveling a day before and staying in Old San Juan. Does anybody have a reputable transportation company that they can suggest for about 10-15 travelers for the following:

a. Airport to hotel

b. Hotel to pier

c. Pier to airport on return

(3) For the non formal nights, can I wear denim capris (paired with a dressy top and strappy sandals) in the dining room – I saw the post on capris but I want to know specifically about jean material capris

(4) Father's Day is Sunday...the day we depart. Can anybody recommend a restaurant in Old San Juan that serves breakfast/brunch for about 10-15 people? I have a list I got from Fodors but don't know anything about the restaurants. We definitely want a restaurant that serves local food...at least Caribbean foods.

That's it for now :o

This is my first cruise and I probably would never have cruised except for the special occasion we’re celebrating. A group of about 45 are traveling for my parents 40th wedding anniversary. My sisters and I are now in the final planning stages for our guests…a welcome gift bag to be distributed Day 1, a group photo on Day 2 and a reception on Day 4.

I’ve been lurking and posting in the Roll call section but now need to venture out b/c I have many questions.

For starters….

(1) Does anybody know if AOS releases the actual schedule prior to departure?

a. What 2 nights are the formal nights….I know Captains Gala on day 2 and is the other Crown & Anchor on Day 5? Usually formal nights are the 2nd and the 2nd to last night

b. We’re planning a group photo for Monday at 11am but now I'm wondering if that will be the same time as the muster drill Muster drill is on the first day before you leave San Juan.

(2) We're traveling a day before and staying in Old San Juan. Does anybody have a reputable transportation company that they can suggest for about 10-15 travelers for the following:

a. Airport to hotel Just get taxi vans,

b. Hotel to pier the hotel will call vans for you

c. Pier to airport on return there will be plenty of taxis at the pier.

(3) For the non formal nights, can I wear denim capris (paired with a dressy top and strappy sandals) in the dining room – I saw the post on capris but I want to know specifically about jean material capris You will get varying opinions.

(4) Father's Day is Sunday...the day we depart. Can anybody recommend a restaurant in Old San Juan that serves breakfast/brunch for about 10-15 people? I have a list I got from Fodors but don't know anything about the restaurants. We definitely want a restaurant that serves local food...at least Caribbean foods. I have only eaten dinner in OSJ so you will have to wait for someone more knowledgeable to come along. Have a wonderful time and welcome to the boards.

SueL answered your questions so well. But anything denim is usually a no no, but that doesn't mean you won't see denim in the dining room.

We found like Sue L transportation was a non issue, the taxis and vans we used were well maintained and reasonably priced.

When you are on the ship, can ask one of the crew where the best place for lunch would be.

Enjoy your cruise and hope you will fall in love with cruising.

Archived