difficult decision!

zeke11

Is HAL a good line for kids? Mine will be 18, 17, 13 and 9. Not a lot of interest in kids clubs, especially the teens.

We really like beaches and like them close to the dock so we can get there easily without having to do an excursion.

Does HAL offer anything like this?

Kris

When I cruised on the Zuiderdam last November, I saw very few kids. But it could be the time of the year ... before Thanksgiving break & Christmas vacation.

I went with my sister & her family on a Royal Caribbean cruise in Feb., when it was winter break week up north, and there were TONS of kids on the ship.

Her kids were 17 & 13 and they had a good time with all the activities. They hooked up with a crowd of kids their ages and hung out together at the pool, the Windjammer Cafe, etc.

Depends on where you are going or want to go - Eastern or Western Caribbean. You won't usually find beaches near where the ships dock, but there are always lots of taxis to take you to a beach.

Half Moon Cay is a beach you will love and which you can walk to after you get off the tender. You can see the long stretch of beach from the ship. HMC is HAL's private island and it is paradise. White sand and blue/turquoise water. There are some activities there, but we just like to grab a lounge chair and sit in the sun. You can also rent the blue clamshells they have along the beach if you want to get out of the sun for a while. These can either be ordered on HAL's web site or when you get on board through the Shorex office.

I have sailed HAL, Carnival and RCI, so far :). I have an almost 17 year old. No question, if I were to cruise with him, it would be on a RCI, Voyager ship. I just got off the Mariner and that ship is gorgeous, and so much to do for kids!

Marie

Welcome back, I've missed your posts.

GN

I am still here alot(too much) but not feeling so chatty lately(hard to believe I know), also been cruising...cruised last week on the Mariner of the Seas, and cruising next weekend with dh. Do you have your next cruised booked?

Marie

I am still here alot(too much) but not feeling so chatty lately(hard to believe I know), also been cruising...cruised last week on the Mariner of the Seas, and cruising next weekend with dh. Do you have your next cruised booked?

Marie

How was your cruise Marie! Did you give a review and I missed it ???? Wow, now where are you going too hehehehe, missed ya too :)

How was your cruise Marie! Did you give a review and I missed it ???? Wow, now where are you going too hehehehe, missed ya too :)

No, I did not post a review.

My cruise was FABULOUS. The Mariner of the Seas(RCI ship) is gorgeous...loved it, loved it, loved it. I can't think of one negative, honestly. The food was wonderful. Had my first balcony conveniently located to elevators and cafe promenade. Ate at the specialty restaurant twice. Had a spa treatment(massage) for the first time, but my girl does a better job(and less expensive)....of course, it didn't help any that DURING my massage the captain came on and announced we would be arriving in Miami NOT Port Canaveral, after my dh via email had just changed our reservations to Orlando. I was traveling with my sis. All ended well, he changed them to Miami, and debarkation was wonderful, piece of cake. Miami airport was not crowded at all. We were the only ship in that day, BUT, the previous day they had 8 in due to all the diversions. Our 7 day cruise turned into 9 days. We went to Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten, and Labadee(RCI's private island). I snorkeled for the first time and LOVED IT.

My dh and I are cruising on the Rhapsody of the Seas this coming weekend, Western itinerary....Key West(we love KW), Cozumel(will try a new beach we have heard of), and Costa Maya....It was suppose to be Grand Cayman which we were really looking forward to and have never been.

I am soloing at the end of this month - mid Nov on Celebrity, Horizon.

I must confess, I am feeling a bit cruised out(and broke, LOL)...think I went overboard...5 from June - November. That is what hanging out at CC does to you.

I have promised dh I am going to cut back.

Marie

Is HAL a good line for kids? Mine will be 18, 17, 13 and 9. Not a lot of interest in kids clubs, especially the teens.

We really like beaches and like them close to the dock so we can get there easily without having to do an excursion.

Does HAL offer anything like this?

Kris

Depends on the time of the year, what ship, destination and what exactly your kids are looking for

No, I did not post a review.

My cruise was FABULOUS. The Mariner of the Seas(RCI ship) is gorgeous...loved it, loved it, loved it. I can't think of one negative, honestly. The food was wonderful. Had my first balcony conveniently located to elevators and cafe promenade. Ate at the specialty restaurant twice. Had a spa treatment(massage) for the first time, but my girl does a better job(and less expensive)....of course, it didn't help any that DURING my massage the captain came on and announced we would be arriving in Miami NOT Port Canaveral, after my dh via email had just changed our reservations to Orlando. I was traveling with my sis. All ended well, he changed them to Miami, and debarkation was wonderful, piece of cake. Miami airport was not crowded at all. We were the only ship in that day, BUT, the previous day they had 8 in due to all the diversions. Our 7 day cruise turned into 9 days. We went to Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten, and Labadee(RCI's private island). I snorkeled for the first time and LOVED IT.

My dh and I are cruising on the Rhapsody of the Seas this coming weekend, Western itinerary....Key West(we love KW), Cozumel(will try a new beach we have heard of), and Costa Maya....It was suppose to be Grand Cayman which we were really looking forward to and have never been.

I am soloing at the end of this month - mid Nov on Celebrity, Horizon.

I must confess, I am feeling a bit cruised out(and broke, LOL)...think I went overboard...5 from June - November. That is what hanging out at CC does to you.

I have promised dh I am going to cut back.

Marie

Oh my Marie, I'm hidding this from my hubby heheheh he has the fever like you lol, well have a great time and thanks for sharing your cruise, it sounded wonderful even if the huricanes tried to ruin it :)

Sorry zeke11 for getting off topic on your post, We were on the Zuiderdam last Aug, there were lots ok kids, they all seem to be having a good time but I havent been on other lines to compare for you, but I do hope that where ever you go you have a wonderful time!

Archived