Are we nuts? comic book theme

monkeyrouge

Ok I probably do not need anyone to answer that because I know my DH and I are nuts :D But.....

Is it totally tacky to do a kind of matching theme with your significant other? My DH is a big kid at heart and he collects comic books. I just like to be a little different and have fun with my clothing, I am rather free spirited. I came up with the idea to buy some comic book themed ties for my DH and I will wear dresses that pick up a color from that tie.

I found a great green dress that is screaming to be paired up with a green dress. I also found a Silver Surfer tie that is begging to be complimented by a magenta dress with silver accessories.

Does anyone else play around with their clothing this way? Will we look silly? If anyone else likes to have fun with their clothing I would be thrilled to hear or see some examples so I don't feel like the only free spirit out here.

DH has started to really like those cheesy tropical button-down shirts with the really bright colors, etc. I just bought him one with some brightly colored parrots and palm trees on it.

He wears stuff like this with khaki pants for casual dinner nights. :p I guess it adds to the experience for him. :)

I'm wearing a polka dotted dress one night does that count?? :) I think what you're doing is so cool and so original! I don't think you will look silly at all because I don't think the majority of the people will know who the Silver Surfer or the Green Lantern (Im just assuming this is who you meant) even are....to each is own. Just be sure to HAVE FUN! and take lots of pictures!!! :D

Kristina

Oooooh I would be so thrilled to have a polka dot dress! I had one for my 7th grade graduation, everyone else wore floral dresses. I like to be different. If I could find a way to make my striped knee socks fit into my cruise wardrobe I would ;) even I won't go THAT far!

Thanks JJ...I recognized that is most likely being French...;) I'm a numbers person!!

I've read people suggesting that it helps to get the younger boys "character" ties (Mickey Mouse, etc.) that they will look forward to wearing. If it works on the big ones, ;) who should complain?

a vacation with your husband is not just for relaxation, it's to be close, have fun , have sex and reconnect- you go for it and have fun, things that may seem silly to others will bring you closer together- I say go for it and have a good time!!!

If you like it, do it. On our last cruise, a woman wore reindeer antlers and a red Rudolph nose the entire cruise. Not sure what was going on with her, but she seemed to enjoy it.

Sounds like someone lost a bet! :D

If you like it, do it. On our last cruise, a woman wore reindeer antlers and a red Rudolph nose the entire cruise. Not sure what was going on with her, but she seemed to enjoy it.

I can just picture a couple shopping at target and seeing the antlers & nose; "honey, if you'll take me on a cruise I'd wear these the whole time"

...A week later she's trying to find a dress to match her nose! lol!

Gots to be better than my mil making their outfits out of the same printed fabric. Usually a very bold Hawaiian print. lol Back in '96 a bunch of us family went to Cancun & she bought tshirts in different colors, each couple had the same & embroidered some type of marine life on the breast & our names on the sleeve. Hubby & had I had turquoise shirts with a dolphin & our names. Still have mine but it would be a bit snug on me now. :eek:

Thanks JJ...I recognized that is most likely being French...;) I'm a numbers person!!

I've read people suggesting that it helps to get the younger boys "character" ties (Mickey Mouse, etc.) that they will look forward to wearing. If it works on the big ones, ;) who should complain?

That was kind of my thinking :rolleyes: My DH wears shorts 24/7/365 no matter the weather. It would be nice to see him dress up a few times and see what it is like to be with an adult (even if he does have Spiderman on his tie) who dressed some what like an adult. The tie idea has him excited about wearing real shirts and even ::::GASP:::: pants to dinner so it's all good! Plus like I said we are quite free spirited and never take life too seriously, if we dressed normal and plain it would just be wrong :D

"Cette nourriture goûte comme le gravier d'allée."

- Henry Beard

Ok don't laugh, I said I only speak a little French and learned from my Canadian Memere's. I don't know who Henry Beard is, but I think that says "this food tastes like street dirt." :eek: :confused:

STOP LAFFIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

On our recent Southern Caribbean cruise in January, one couple wore matching bold Hawaiian prints every day.......with wide brim matching hats. On formal night they wore black and white zebra prints with matching hats. They were a hoot. I wouldn't do it, but they were having fun and everyone seemed to enjoy their creativity.

That was kind of my thinking :rolleyes: My DH wears shorts 24/7/365 no matter the weather. It would be nice to see him dress up a few times and see what it is like to be with an adult (even if he does have Spiderman on his tie) who dressed some what like an adult. The tie idea has him excited about wearing real shirts and even ::::GASP:::: pants to dinner so it's all good! Plus like I said we are quite free spirited and never take life too seriously, if we dressed normal and plain it would just be wrong :D

Geee...I didn't think I'd hit the nail quite so directly on the head! I understand however, I just saw my younger brother in a shirt and tie for work a few weeks ago (now a daily thing for him). I still can't quite believe it...:)

Archived