HELP, Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer vs. Misty Fjords float plane??

ilovetravel123

Hi,

My husband and I are taking a cruise to Alaska in May 2008. We are confused between the misty fjord & wilderness explorer or the misty fjord float plane, both offered by NCL. I'd appreciate if someone can talk about their experiences with the tours and help me decided.

Thank You.

The Misty Fjord wilderness explorer is a boat trip on a fast jet boat, and the float plane is a plane ride. Do you want to see Misty Fjord from the bottom (boat?) or the top (plane?)? If you're like me, the choice is easy as small planes terrify me -- so we went on the boat :p . I'd guess that the float plane trip is the preferred method for most people.

The Misty Fjord wilderness explorer is a boat trip on a fast jet boat, and the float plane is a plane ride. Do you want to see Misty Fjord from the bottom (boat?) or the top (plane?)? If you're like me, the choice is easy as small planes terrify me -- so we went on the boat :p . I'd guess that the float plane trip is the preferred method for most people.

What was this excursion like (jet boat)? What did you see on this trip?.

If you are looking for a wonderful float plane excursion, I can heartily recommend Island Wings. We did the flight with Michelle (owner and pilot etc. etc.) and it was the absolute highlight of our Alaska trip. (And it was a trip filled with many fantastic moments and hours!)

Archived