Port Canaveral

cruzin2

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson at Port Canaveral and used the shuttle to the port? Just wondering if staying over and using the shuttle is worth not paying the parking fees at the Port. How crowded does the shuttle get?

Many Thanks!!

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson at Port Canaveral and used the shuttle to the port? Just wondering if staying over and using the shuttle is worth not paying the parking fees at the Port. How crowded does the shuttle get?

Many Thanks!!

The hotel is good but we did not use the shuttle. They do not start taking people over to the shuttle till 11:00 or 11:30 and that is when we normally like to be there by. We are going to take a cab the next time we stay there. The last time we stayed we had a rental car and the rental car place took us right over.

Hope this helps.:cool:

try this link. Great info on Port Canaveral and the motels, shuttle service and about everything else. It's long (185+ pages) but worth skimming through. You probably find your questions have been asked and answered many times. you can also use the search feature for shuttle or Radisson and see lots of posts

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720

We stayed at the Radison, left our car there and used the shuttle service in Mar. It worked out great for us. You have to sign up for a shuttle time in advance. Eventhough they said that the first shuttle time was 11:30 (which is what we signed up for), we actullay left at 10:30. We just took a chance and went down and checked out early and was able to get on the shuttle right away. The shuttle is actually a bus that pulls a trailor behind it for the luggage so it holds a lot of people. We had to wait a short time for the shuttle when we got back from our cruise but it wasn't long. All went smooth and it was worth it for us. We would stay there again.

We used the shuttle service on our Mariner cruise April 6-13. I really didn't want to leave until 11:30, so it worked fine for us. The cruise-n-park also included two free breakfasts. At first when you roll your luggage out front it looks like a lot of people, but they were efficient and quick. We were loaded into the shuttle and on our way in about 10 minutes. The long-term parking area is open, paved, lighted, and located behind the hotel's conference center. There were a few couples who parked in the wrong area, but they just didn't pay attention to the instructions given and the signs clearly marked as to where to park. When we disembarked, we went straight out to the parking area in front of the terminal and were only there a few minutes before the hotel shuttle arrived and took us to the long-term parking area, which was nice. The couples who parked in the wrong area were taken to their cars as well by the shuttle, so that ended up not being a problem at all. We were back on the road headed home by 8:10 am.

Hope this helps. This saved us costs of breakfast and parking at the port, so our room was essentially free. We plan on staying at the Radisson again for our next cruise out of Port Canaveral.

Stayed there last August. Love love love it. The pool area is beautiful, the chickie bar very accomodating, the rooms have sleep number beds and are fun to adjust till you find your comfort zone. The room rate came with parking, shuttle and full buffet breakfast for 2 that was really darn good for buffet food. The shuttle to the port was ontime and the driver was a real card. Kept us laughing on the ride..We will again be using it in Sept.

Do the shuttle people take care of giving your luggage to the porters or is that something you have to juggle with as you get off? We will be doing this exact thing in 2 weeks. I can let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice of going down early, we are signed up for the noon shuttle, and even though we get priority check in, we'd like to get to the pier as early as possible...

When the shuttle drops the passengers off, there are porters waiting to take the luggage. The driver takes all the luggage from the trailer and you pick yours and give it to the porter. Very easy process.

We live an hour from the port but still like staying at the Radisson the night before. They have shuttles scheduled every half hour and it is necessary to sign up for one. Enjoy.

make sure you sign for the shuttle early, call when you make your reservation and see if you can schedule the shuttle, we scheduled the shuttle when we checked in and the earliest time was 1:00 way to late - it took 2 hours for us get on the SHip, next time i'd want an earlier time on the shuttle or take a cab.

The shuttle was full but everyone had their own seat. lugggage is loaded by shuttle driver.

We stayed there last year but did no tuse the shuttle, as we had a rental car and used thiers. We are staying there again this year but we like toget tothe port around 10:30 or 11:00 and I have heard that they don't start taking people until later. We will probably book a taxi van or shuttle service to take us this time...We do love the Raddison. The pool is very tropical and they have a tiki bar by the pool with live music. We found that most of the people staying there are cruisers so everyone is already in that vacation mode.. it is very fun there!!

We will be staying at the Radisson at the Port in two weeks. I did not know you had to call in advance for the shuttle. I called and he said it ran from 12:00 to 2:30 so we signed up for 12. I was hoping to get there a little earlier. I wonder if that is the first shuttle or the first available time. Maybe if we line up early they will take us at 11 or 11:30. Maybe I'll check on getting a cab or another shuttle service. Noon will feel like eternity because I am already so excited!

I will be parking at the parking garage for a Sovereign of the Seas cruise. RCI says we can embark starting at 1:00. Is this correct or can we embark earlier? Thank you for any help on the best time to arrive at this ship.

We will be staying at the Radisson at the Port in two weeks. I did not know you had to call in advance for the shuttle. I called and he said it ran from 12:00 to 2:30 so we signed up for 12. I was hoping to get there a little earlier. I wonder if that is the first shuttle or the first available time. Maybe if we line up early they will take us at 11 or 11:30. Maybe I'll check on getting a cab or another shuttle service. Noon will feel like eternity because I am already so excited!

Hey!! We are on the same cruise. If you haven't already foundus, we have a great group over on the roll calls. WE have alot of activities planned. Hope to see you there. Here is the link... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=573590&page=57

I will be parking at the parking garage for a Sovereign of the Seas cruise. RCI says we can embark starting at 1:00. Is this correct or can we embark earlier? Thank you for any help on the best time to arrive at this ship.

You can normally start embarkation in PC around 10.30 - 11.00, they tell you 1.00 so that if the ship is late clearing customs, there won't be a lot of PO'd customers waiting

Royal doesn't usually let anyone onboard until 11:30. The first group to go on is the wedding group. Anyone getting married onboard who has made arrangements through RCI gets to board first.

The second group to board is Suites/Diamond +/Diamond/Platinum. There are holding areas for the above.

After that, it is general boarding. Enjoy your cruise.

We just got off of Mariner last Sunday. We stayed at Country Inn and Suites with their park and cruise package. It is definately worth it. I booked early and got a rate of $139 for a 2 room suite. The parking at the garage at the port would have cost $105. That fee included the shuttle to and from the port. the first shuttle from Country Inn was at 10:00. We signed up when we checked in. We arrived at the port at 10:30 - waited in line outside until 11:00 when they opened the doors. We were onboard by 11:30. When we got off the ship (we had gotten one of the first group colors) the shuttle was waiting just outside. We got off the ship at 7:30 and were back to the hotel and in our car leaving at 8:00.

Country Inn is closer to the port and you can request a room with a view of the ship. Attached is a photo I took on 4/13 from our room there.

PICT0269_edited.jpg.c675a2583755dbcc1b38784a500a4820.jpg

Many Thanks!!

Here is some information on both of the hotels mention and just maybe that will give you a little more insight and if you have ANY problems or questions, please ask to speak to Joe P, the GM. He is an awesome GM and really cares about his guests. He goes well beyond the call of duty and so does Kelly with CI&S.

as always

Shirley

Radisson

Beginning July 9 2007 Radisson will officially offer free transportation for guests – the Area will be the Port, Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach, Merritt Square Mall and free transportation (to and from) and highly discounted tickets to Kennedy Space Center.

Free cruise parking with an overnight stay

Breakfast buffet for $9.95, some higher rates include breakfast

Radisson webcam (points to the port):

http://www.radissonport.com/CruiseShips.htm

ROOM INFORMATION PER REQUEST

None of the rooms will give you an ocean view since they are several blocks from the ocean. The standard rooms are only 2 stories. the suite buildings are 3 stories. For standard rooms and either the 200 or 400 building for suites. The 200 building is closer to the pool although the pool area may get quite noisy so if you want a quiet area request courtyard view. The most favorite rooms are in the 800 building 2nd floor facing the pool. Be aware that most of the pool side rooms are king rooms. There are just a few rooms with 2 beds facing the pool.

Due to the construction of high rise condo's, there are very few rooms that will give you small views of the ships unfortunalty none have a wide open view of the port any more.

MESSAGE FROM JOE P. GENERAL MANAGERThe Cruise package includes breakfast and is available at all times

We do shuttle any hotel guest to the port

And at times we do offer discounts on rooms available on the internet and have special conditions such as no refund and prepayment

BE AWARE THAT THE RADISSON IS GOING TO BE A NON SMOKING HOTEL AND NO LONGER HAVE SMOKING ALLOWED ROOMS. THERE WILL BE COMFORT AREAS FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO SMOKE.

Country Inn and Suites

$3 shuttle to the port (Cocoa Beach Shuttle). Some rates may offer free shuttle.

Great and best thing offered is a free continental breakfast

Offers rates with park and cruise but it’s been confirmed that you can leave your car without paying for a park and cruise rate.

Kelly Powell is your GM there and a sweetie to work with if you have any issues, questions etc.

Another place which is high on my recommendation list

Archived