New York City Times Square at night from penn station in NJ

nurserob2007

Im just going to take the path from penn station.There is a 24/7 lot next to the hilton,i figure there has to be an attendant there to take your money at least,and in front of the hilton cant be that bad.

Report back how it all turned out.

I am pondering venturing into NYC to go to times square next friday night.I am going to leave from the PATH term in NJ by the hotel,go to the WTC station,get the subway to times square to take pictures,etc.

Is this place dangerous at night? I mean between 7pm and maybe 10pm or so local time.I've never been to NJ or NYC.I just dont want to get killed 2 days before the cruise.

Times Square specifically is not dangerous. At 10pm it will actually be pretty crowded and 1030-11ish all of the Boadway shows let out so there will be a lot of people then (unless it's a Sunday or Monday). The train station will be pretty crowded too that time of night, moreso on a Friday or Saturday.

To get back to the train station from Times Square just take the 1 or 9 train (subway) downtown to Penn Station. If you get on at 50th street it will be the 2nd stop, if you get on at 42nd street it will only be one stop. Or you can walk it if the weather is nice.

I used to go to Times Square a lot...alone and pregnant (took the train from the Philly burbs). If my police officer husband let his pregnant wife go there alone it can't be bad ;-) It's probably one of the safest areas to be. There's actually a police station right in the center of Times Square! If you're looking to eat go to John's Pizzeria on 44th between 8th and Broadway. Great food, reasonable prices. The bruschetta is awesome!

I'm not sure if you want to go to WTC to stop there for photos at night or just thinking about switching to subway. You can stay on the PATH train to 33rd St. There are some trains that go as far as WTC. IT's been a while since I lived in Jersey City so not positive.

I, too would like to see how nurserob made out.

BTW, I parked my pickup truck at a lot in Harrison with no surcharge, but this lot closed around 9:00 pm.

Well I saw him over on the Bermuda board saying how much he loved Bermuda, so at least he wasn't shot in downtown Newark like he was afraid might happen.:D

Archived