New Price but RCI nor TA will drop price

RCI and our travel agent have prices listed on their websites that are lower than our cost. Neither will honor the new price for us because they say the new price is a one day sale for new bookings only. Is this common practice or should we continue to push for the discount rate?

If it is a one day sale you will not get the lower price. RC is very strict on that one. They do give you the lower price if a fare drops that is not a sale price but I think you are out of luck.

I had that issue...mine actually dropped three times and I got a refund every time. My TA worked with RCI so I didn't really have to deal with it. But I had just booked the day before so maybe that is why. Every 2 days it would drop more stating a "Residency Rate". I ended up saving $100 from original price on the site.

I hope u can get the discount!! Good Luck! :D

RCI and our travel agent have prices listed on their websites that are lower than our cost. Neither will honor the new price for us because they say the new price is a one day sale for new bookings only. Is this common practice or should we continue to push for the discount rate?

They are correct. One day special sales are good for new bookings on that day only.

If there are regular price drops or residency discounts, you can get a price reduction, even multiple times. If the lower price is due to the Tuesday "happy hour" or one day promotional sales, RCI does not give a rate reduction for pre-booked cruises. As others have correctly stated, these are for new bookings only. That language is clearly stated in the "fine print." ;) You will not be able to get a reduction from a one day sale.

Keep checking the RCI site often for other price drops though.

Eric

If it's for new bookings only obviously you can't get the discount since you're not a "new booking".

Sucks tho!

Sorry but if it says for new bookings only you will not get a reduction.

Royal Caribbean has by far the least restrictive policy on price cuts, making it very easy to get reductions but, they will not budge one little bit if it has that dreaded "new booking" phrase.

The only way you can get the new lower rate is to cancel your existing reservation and book the new lower rate. However if you are in penalty then of course that would not make much sense to to that. :eek:

I did that last year and saved $600 instead of $1,100 (after paying $500 penalty for 5 people) so it depends. Make sure you have backup rooms held though.

It's Tuesday - when they typically run their sale specials. The OP is sailing on 6/14/08 so cancelling and rebooking wouldn't be an option. RCCL is usually very good about giving the lower price even after final payment EXCEPT FOR these sale specials, which are specifically for new bookings only.

Archived