Climb This shirt

bluebreeze

Where can I get one?

Sadly, they aren't available. The gentleman who designed the 'Climb This' graphic wasn't able to obtain permission from Carnival to use the image, not even with the intervention of John Heald.

Lance, the designer, kindly permitted me and a very few other people to use the image for personal use only and one or two shirts.

Sorry...

When the "Climb This" design came up on the blog I knew there would be some legal issues with the logo. I am sure CCL has a copy write on the funnel and any images of such. It became real hush/hush very quickly when talk of a T shirt became public.

When the "Climb This" design came up on the blog I knew there would be some legal issues with the logo. I am sure CCL has a copy write on the funnel and any images of such. It became real hush/hush very quickly when talk of a T shirt became public.

Yeah... it really was a shame. John got so pumped up about it then got wrangled to the ground by the legal beagles...

I'm sure that Lance wasn't about to give up the image and Carnival wasn't about to give permission under their copyright for commercial use...

:(

What a silly retort.. "Climb This".

What's next? "Surf This" above a picture of a Carnival kiddie pool?

If RCI has rock climbing and surf riders, fine.. let them. Some people might actually choose to cruise for those features. But "Climb This" is plain silly. I know no one would, but don't draw attention to the fact that the ship has less than another line's ships.

Carnival is a great line. RCI is a great line.

Maybe I read too much into the meaning...

Maybe this is a Carnival vs RCI thing (which again, is silly)...

If RCI has rock climbing and surf riders, fine.. let them. Some people might actually choose to cruise for those features. But "Climb This" is plain silly. I know no one would, but don't draw attention to the fact that the ship has less than another line's ships.

Do you read John Heald's blog? It's something that developed in response to things he has written in there.

Sadly, they aren't available. The gentleman who designed the 'Climb This' graphic wasn't able to obtain permission from Carnival to use the image, not even with the intervention of John Heald.

Lance, the designer, kindly permitted me and a very few other people to use the image for personal use only and one or two shirts.

Sorry...

That shot onto the deck is absolutely the greatest picture I've ever seen.

Okay, on to the "climb this" logo. Maybe I'll just take the logo, change the shape a little so it can still be assumed to be "that" funnel and change the colors.....I would hate to have my but taken down by the Carnival sea pirates though....ah it was a good thought though.

I'm in if anyone finds them for sale.

For those of us with our head in the gutter, I interpreted this shirt in a whole different way :D And yes, just a little tweaking of the image will help you avoid copyright issues. My friend runs a screening shop and knows the ins and outs of it, we've had lots of cool ones made that are close...but not an exact copy.

We're still wanting to know HOW you got up there to take that shot.:)

In that picture, it does look like there is a high end and very sophisticated movie camera sitting there.

I'm thinking that the photo staff was up there taking promo shots...maybe.....and whoever posted this knew someone in the photo shop who gave it to them.

I doubt very much if just any Tom, Dick or Harry made their way up to the funnel to take that shot.

In any case, it is one of the greatest shots I've ever seen and I did save the picture for my personal future use.

See, I'm looking at it this way. I can do the same to all of my friends and have THEM wondering how "I" got that picture...LOL

Funny how the poster of that pix has disappeared and doesn't seem to have responded to any of our attempts to find out how he did it.

Not to mention...I would think it would be awfully hot in there!

And so kick off the ship. I'm sure it would fall under the guide lines of a confined space entry and I'm sure CCL would not take kindly to some pax climbing around inside the funnel. It is a cool pic though:D

In that picture, it does look like there is a high end and very sophisticated movie camera sitting there.

I'm thinking that the photo staff was up there taking promo shots...maybe.....and whoever posted this knew someone in the photo shop who gave it to them.

I doubt very much if just any Tom, Dick or Harry made their way up to the funnel to take that shot.

In any case, it is one of the greatest shots I've ever seen and I did save the picture for my personal future use.

See, I'm looking at it this way. I can do the same to all of my friends and have THEM wondering how "I" got that picture...LOL

Funny how the poster of that pix has disappeared and doesn't seem to have responded to any of our attempts to find out how he did it.

LOL, that poster is Mr Pete, an over 10000 CC'er...he's just off busy somewhere....and I just want to know what ship it is, it is no doubt a pro shot done for CCL :D

Archived