CB - 4/2/05 - Big Price Jump!

HopingtoCruiseSoon

I was looking at Travelocity and Expedia today for insides and oceanviews on the 4/2/05 Caribbean Princess sailing and noticed that the prices have jumped in the neighborhood of $500 per passenger in most of the categories. For example, some of my party is booked for Cat. K insides on Emerald Deck and when we made the reservation back in July, it was $779/each for the first 2 passengers. Today it was $1279. In some instances it is just as or more expensive to book an oceanview than an AD mini-suite for 3 people.

Does Princess do this to encourage people to book in the higher priced cabins?

I think there must be some kind of pricing error on this cruise. If you look at the balcony and mini prices, they haven't changed a bit. It makes no sense to have inside and outside cabins priced more than a balcony.

Actually I'm a little confused about the pricing anyway. I booked a BF guarantee that lists at $1099. That was the lowest catagory when I booked. Now I see that they've added a BG catagory that's priced $50 less that the BF which previously was the lowest catagory. I'm not sure whether to rebook or not at this point.

I have found watching the pricing on line, that cat. come and go. The price changes as people book and cancel. If big blocks are bought up the prices go up. If blocks are released prices go down. When It get close to the cancel without penilty time people have to make a decision if enough cancel out the prices go down. If a ship sells well the prices go up. Some times if they have enough GTYs they will sell a higher cat. for less, hoping people will jump on these higher cat. This is the only form of gambling that I participate in, buying airfare and cruises:)

Archived