Mexican Riviera Water Temp??

mcgovernsandra

My husband and I were thinking of trying the Star Princess cruise next April from San Francisco to the Mexican Riviera. We have previouslly cruised mainly in the Caribbean, and were wondering if anyone could tell us how the water temps are in April in Mexican Riv? We enjoy snorkeling and would be disappointed if if were too cold. Also, how is the temp sailing from San Francisco that time of year? We will be at sea for 2-3 days before hitting Mexico. thanks!!

We just returned from Mexican Riviera last week (on NCL Star). Great trip and loved the ports.

Water was definetly colder than in the Caribbean, especially in Cabo, where we went snorkeling. Some of the best snorkeling we have ever done as far as the fish and coral, but oh my the water was nippy!

My husband and I were thinking of trying the Star Princess cruise next April from San Francisco to the Mexican Riviera. We have previouslly cruised mainly in the Caribbean, and were wondering if anyone could tell us how the water temps are in April in Mexican Riv? We enjoy snorkeling and would be disappointed if if were too cold. Also, how is the temp sailing from San Francisco that time of year? We will be at sea for 2-3 days before hitting Mexico. thanks!!

We did the same itinerary in the month of April on the Dawn Princess. The air temp at sea was very cool and it was very windy, so there were very few people on deck on our sea days before reaching Mexico. The water temps were cool, but once we got used to it, we were ok in the water.

Cruzeluver,

Where did you snorkel in Cabo? We leave next weekend and I want to snorkel, even if it's freezing! Did you snorkel in any of the other ports?

Kim

The 2 main areas to snorkel near Cabo are Santa Maria Bay and Chileno Bay. Sea water temps may be mid-sixties right now. Air temps in the 80's. Sea water temps should be a little warmer in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta

Just got back last week on Dawn Princess last Mex Riv. We had planned to snorkle in Cabo, but were advised the water was quite chilly and so we cancelled.

I think cancelling was a mistake. We spent the day on Medano Beach at one of the restaurants and entered the water from the beach. Got used to the temp right away. Not sure if the water farther out was much colder but it was very refreshing near the shore.

Archived