Car Rental in Copenhagen

swdke

Did anyone rent a car while in Copenhagen this year? If so, where/how did you find the best rate, and from what location did you pick up the car? Do you have any email addresses or websites you can refer me to? Thanks!

Don't think you would even need a car here. The train and bus system is excellent and can take you pretty much where you want to go. The actual city of Copenhagen is such a walking city and we were told they actually discourage people renting cars there. Bikes are everywhere and I think having a car would be more of a hinderance than helpful. We went all over on the trains, walked and took buses and saw everything we wanted.

Hulagirl

Don't think you would even need a car here. The train and bus system is excellent and can take you pretty much where you want to go. The actual city of Copenhagen is such a walking city and we were told they actually discourage people renting cars there. Bikes are everywhere and I think having a car would be more of a hinderance than helpful. We went all over on the trains, walked and took buses and saw everything we wanted.

Hulagirl

Thank you for replying to my inquiry. I agree no car is needed in Copenhagen. It's a beautiful and wonderful city where you can walk to everything. I used to live in Copenhagen as an exchange student, and was able to see and do it all with out a vehicle. I was also able to take myself by train to Hillerod to visit Frederiksborg Castle, continue on to Helsingor to visit Kronborg Castle, and then back to Copenhagen, all in a day. Public transportation in Denmark is fantastic. However, I was hoping to rent a car for a day because I had a few places I wanted to visit in north Sjaeland, and a car would just be quicker than a train and bus, and allow me to go to all the places I need to go in a day, including the homes I used to live.

So I need a car for just one day. I had noticed a posting on this message board where someone mentioned a special Tourist rate, but they did not elaborate further. I was hoping they would see my inquiry and let me know which company it was that offered the tourist rate they referred to, which they indicated was cheaper than regular reservations.

I honestly can't wait to go back to Copenhagen, I've been back twice and overdue for another visit. So here it is only October and I am totally psyched about my visit and cruise next July. I am taking my parents, it will be their first time to see where I once lived for a year.

Archived