Help Please

My wife and I are on the Sovereign of the Seas next Monday and my in-laws wanted to go with us so we book them their own room but now one is in the hospital and they cannot go on the trip. Is there anyway to transfer their names so someone else can go, they have their own reservation #, and I read on RCI's website that one of the original names has to stay on the reservation, anyone know this? I don't know if we could change their names on the American Airlines flight either??? If anyone could offer any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Thank everyone for the quick responses and the family encouragement. The family is doing good now but still are not okay to travel next week.

One question I have is that you think AA will let me refund the tickets even though the tickets are nonrefundable?

Thanks Again

Thank everyone for the quick responses and the family encouragement. The family is doing good now but still are not okay to travel next week.

One question I have is that you think AA will let me refund the tickets even though the tickets are nonrefundable?

Thanks Again

All tickets are refundable. Just those called non refundable have heavy penalties. In the 100-200 each range. These fees are usually waived for medical (you'll need dr's notes) reasons. At the very least call and ask. If told what you dont like, politely hang up and call again.

Also, i would not expect cash back but airline credit for future use.

All tickets are refundable. Just those called non refundable have heavy penalties. In the 100-200 each range. These fees are usually waived for medical (you'll need dr's notes) reasons. At the very least call and ask. If told what you dont like, politely hang up and call again.

Also, i would not expect cash back but airline credit for future use.

Some airlines have non refundable tickets. Also, you may be required to provide more than a Dr's note - some will require proof of hospitalization.

Glad to hear that your inlaws are doing better.

Even if YOU bought and paid for the airline tickets, they actually BELONG to whoever's name is on the ticket! Your in-laws can probably (for a fee) get the date changed for a later flight, but don't count on being able to get a refund or new names put on those tickets!

I have two reservations, two cabins because I'm taking my son and his friend. Me and my son's friend are listed on one cabin, an adult friend and my son listed on the other. The adult that was suppose to go with me backed out, I was able to change the main name the reservation was in to someone else.

CALL RCCL AND ASK CROWN AND ANCHOR? it could not hurt to just call and ask to put someone elses name on the reservation! they will tell you what you can and can not do! if they get snobby about it say thank you hang up and call right back you will get somebody new! same for AA call them for your true answers good luck hope your familys well.

Did you happen to buy trip insurance? Would cover both your in-laws expenses.

My wife and I are on the Sovereign of the Seas next Monday and my in-laws wanted to go with us so we book them their own room but now one is in the hospital and they cannot go on the trip. Is there anyway to transfer their names so someone else can go, they have their own reservation #, and I read on RCI's website that one of the original names has to stay on the reservation, anyone know this? I don't know if we could change their names on the American Airlines flight either??? If anyone could offer any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Archived