2.0 on the star

I heard the star starts the 2.0 May 10th. That is the day we leave.

We have a suite (aft). First time in a suite, first in an aft, first in the 2.0.

I will take lots of pictures of the cabin, menus and other interesting things of the cruise.

Anyone have anything special you want to know or see let me know and I will get pixs for you.

Only hard thing to worry about is will we tip enough and will we want to leave.

countdown.pl?name=Vegascruises&date=5-10-2008&image=alaska&text=Alaska here we come&ship=Norwegian Star

Hope you have a great cruise!

I had read in sakedad's review they would start implementing 2.0 features this week, so hopefully it should all be smoothed out and completed for your trip.

I would be very interested in the dailies and the menus/cover charges from the restaurants with all the new 2.0 features if you happen to catch them.

I'll be going on the Star with my husband on May 31st and we can't wait!

You will LOVE having a suite on the AFT section. My partner and I were in suite 9232 last November on the NCL Star and LOVED it. Which cabin are you going to be in? We loved it so much we are sailing the Alaskan cruise on the Star out of Seattle May 31 in the same cabin.

Vegascruises, I am on yor cruise and will have an aft balcony as well. This is not my first PH suite, but my first aft cabin. I hope it is really nice and not too cold. Today is my last work day before vacation. I think my head has already started vacation without me.:D

This is our 20th wedding anniversary. My husband wanted to make it special. Our family and friends said it would never last. As we only knew each other a week before getting married. So, this makes this cruise extra special being in a suite deck 8 aft.

countdown.pl?name=vegascruises&date=5-10-2008&image=alaska&text=&ship=Norwegian Star

Hope you have a wonderful trip! Wow, one week! Congrats on making it last!

I do have an "issue" I am concerned about. I would like to know what the deal is on sending out many clothes the first night for pressing. No matter how I pack, I always have tons of wrinkles. I do Downy and have ironed on other lines, but I understand there is no laundry room for ironing on Star. I have thought about buying a steamer, but would rather just let someone else deal with it and pay for it! Could you please let me know if it is an option and if it is terribly expensive or do-able.... Thanks so much and again, have a great trip!

The first night they have press only for $1 per item. And the next to last nights fill a bag wash and fold for $15. Boy did I fill a couple of bags when we went on the star to Mexico. Nice coming back from vacation with clean folded clothes. Well worth the money for the press first night and wash/fold last night.

countdown.pl?name=vegascruises&date=5-10-2008&image=alaska&text=&ship=Norwegian Star

This is our 20th wedding anniversary. My husband wanted to make it special. Our family and friends said it would never last. As we only knew each other a week before getting married. So, this makes this cruise extra special being in a suite deck 8 aft.

Congratulations on 20 years! We are celebrating our 6th anniversary. We will be on deck 9 aft.

I hope its not the same cabin number we had last month ? Maybe they have fixed the problem that the room we had?

I heard the star starts the 2.0 May 10th. That is the day we leave.

We have a suite (aft). First time in a suite, first in an aft, first in the 2.0.

I will take lots of pictures of the cabin, menus and other interesting things of the cruise.

Anyone have anything special you want to know or see let me know and I will get pixs for you.

Only hard thing to worry about is will we tip enough and will we want to leave.

countdown.pl?name=Vegascruises&date=5-10-2008&image=alaska&text=Alaska here we come&ship=Norwegian Star

We are in suite AE #8672. Plan on spending lots of time on the aft balcony and going to the breakfast/lunch at Cagneys. 20th anniversary is going to be the best. Most rememberable.

Room service is a must. Never had before in other cabins as they were to small.

But, do you tip each meal or wait to tip the butler at the end of the cruise?

countdown.pl?name=vegascruises&date=5-10-2008&image=alaska&text=Here we come Alaska&ship=Norwegian Star

I am curious if they have anywhere on the ship packets of hot chocolate or tea bags. My 12 year loves the thought of drinking coffee - I don't permit much caffeine. I didn't know if I needed to take packets of HC or would be able to find on the buffet, etc. THANKS! We're on the Star right after you - leaving May 17.

I am curious if they have anywhere on the ship packets of hot chocolate or tea bags. My 12 year loves the thought of drinking coffee - I don't permit much caffeine. I didn't know if I needed to take packets of HC or would be able to find on the buffet, etc. THANKS! We're on the Star right after you - leaving May 17.

Hot chocolate no, lots of tea available in the Market Cafe. Take some HC with you.

Archived