NCL Dawn 5/11 Cell Phone/Liquor/Indoor Pool

Were getting ready to leave on our 5/11 NYC to Bermuda cruise. I have a couple of questions, that I hope can be answered. After reading many of the posts, I'm a little confused.

1 - Is there cell phone reception on the ship? I know when I was on the QM2 and HAL Noordam, I was able to make and receive calls while at sea and throughout the cruise. If not, can anyone recommend how to call NYC from Bermuda.

2. Is it against policy to bring a sealed bottle of Vodka onto the ship from NYC? Also, once in port (Bermuda), will I be able to purchase liquor (duty free) and bring it on the ship (even if they hold it until the last day).

3. Is there an indoor pool. For example, when we leave NY - it wont be hot enough to use the outdoor pools until we get to Bermuda- is there an indoor pool we could use on the first day?

4. Is there a Spa pass we could purchase (like a 3 day pass) if so, do you know the prices?

5. Never did Freestyle crusing = is the Venitian the main dining room? Are all the speciality restuarants fee based?

Thanks for any help you provide.

1 - Is there cell phone reception on the ship? I know when I was on the QM2 and HAL Noordam, I was able to make and receive calls while at sea and throughout the cruise. If not, can anyone recommend how to call NYC from Bermuda.

If your phone will connect, it will connect to the ship's tower. Quite a bit more than your normal charges but I don't know exactly what. Someone else may be able to help better but I'm thinking about $2.45 a minute or so. You can also call your phone provider and get an international service plan added to your phone. Another option may be an international calling card and you can call from somewhere in Bermuda.

2. Is it against policy to bring a sealed bottle of Vodka onto the ship from NYC? Also, once in port (Bermuda), will I be able to purchase liquor (duty free) and bring it on the ship (even if they hold it until the last day).

If they find it in your suitcase they will call you to the 'naughty room' and will take it and give it back at the end of the cruise. You can also get bar set up and have a bottle of vodka waiting for you in your room when you arrive. There are a few threads on here about bar set up and where to email. It used to be shipcoordinatordawn@ncl.com (or whatever the ship name is), but I think that may have changed recently. Just look around or someone else may have the address.

Yes, you can purchase on the island and bring it back on the ship and if they find it they will hold it until the last day. You might want to check out the ship prices first though before you buy on the island. I know when I went to Bermuda on the Majesty the ship prices were better.

3. Is there an indoor pool. For example, when we leave NY - it wont be hot enough to use the outdoor pools until we get to Bermuda- is there an indoor pool we could use on the first day?

4. Is there a Spa pass we could purchase (like a 3 day pass) if so, do you know the prices?

There is no indoor pool other than in the spa. You can get a day pass (I think $20 a day but I'm not 100% sure).

5. Never did Freestyle crusing = is the Venitian the main dining room? Are all the speciality restuarants fee based?

The Venetian is one of the main dining rooms along with Aqua. Freestyle works especially well in Bermuda as you are there for a number of days and people come and go at so many different times of the evening. You can enjoy the island all day long and not have to worry about rushing back to dinner. And most of the specialty restaurants are fee based ranging from $10 - $25+ They may offer a 2 for 1 special on certain evenings, just look in your freestyle daily for any special offerings. Did want to add that some specialty restaurants don't require a fee but need reservations because they are smaller venues.

Have a wonderful time, Bermuda is gorgeous!:)

Archived