Carnival pulled a fast one!

novalab

Just another way to look at it.
If you look at it that it is a new booking, then they should refund you the $200 dollars. If it's a new booking the price is lower. And on a new booking you should pay the price of the new booking not the old one.

I know after final payment, no refund, but just something to think about.

steve:D

[quote name='flowerchild']I disagree with you completely. How is it that Carnival got $1000 more of my money to upgrade (not a drop in price, as the OP) and is still refusing the refund? I can understand the arguement that the OP was getting a better price and that she can't have her cake and eat it too. But what about in my case or in the case of others, who simply changed cabins? I think it is completely wrong...and I am not a Carnival basher, I am a fan. Carnival has completely botched this whole issue.

If the reservation and deposit were made before the cut off, and Carnival maintained at least the same price for the cabin, they should rebate the refund.[/quote]

Common sense says that this is a major change and carnival is entitled to the fuel surcharge, or course the easiest thing to do would be to raise all fares by about $25 per day and that would cover the fuel surcharge.

[quote name='flowerchild']I disagree with you completely. How is it that Carnival got $1000 more of my money to upgrade (not a drop in price, as the OP) and is still refusing the refund? I can understand the arguement that the OP was getting a better price and that she can't have her cake and eat it too. But what about in my case or in the case of others, who simply changed cabins? I think it is completely wrong...and I am not a Carnival basher, I am a fan. Carnival has completely botched this whole issue.

If the reservation and deposit were made before the cut off, and Carnival maintained at least the same price for the cabin, they should rebate the refund.[/QUOTE]

I THINK I am in the same boat (ha!) as you :D, but I'm really confused about the entire situation, so maybe not.

Back in April, 2007 I booked an inside cabin on the Carnival Liberty for a June 2008 cruise and put down a deposit of $100 per person. I made monthly payments and was fully deposited as of July 2007. Our final payment was due on or about March 20. On or about March 18 (before final payment) I advised my travel agent that I wanted to upgrade to an oceanview cabin, at a price increase of $300. Does that now mean I am NOT entitled to the refund of the fuel surcharge? :(

Also, another question ... we have a group of about 50 people going on this cruise and our travel agent was holding a block of cabins until the final payment was due and then "returned" any unbooked cabins back to Carnival. Would Carnival even be aware of which cabins our TA had assigned to each individual in the group before final payment? I know she was holding a certain number of balcony cabins, outside cabins, etc.

And at no time was I advised that a refund of the fuel surcharge would be in jeopardy if I changed cabins. If I had, I would have reconsidered the change. But as I think someone said earlier, no one was even aware that Carnival was going to offer the refunds until the end of March ...

Thanks and hope that makes sense!

[quote name='bemarshall']I THINK I am in the same boat (ha!) as you :D, but I'm really confused about the entire situation, so maybe not.

Back in April, 2007 I booked an inside cabin on the Carnival Liberty for a June 2008 cruise and put down a deposit of $100 per person. I made monthly payments and was fully deposited as of July 2007. Our final payment was due on or about March 20. On or about March 18 (before final payment) I advised my travel agent that I wanted to upgrade to an oceanview cabin, at a price increase of $300. Does that now mean I am NOT entitled to the refund of the fuel surcharge? :([/QUOTE]

I believe you will find that you are not entiteled to the refund since you made that change.

[quote name='cruisecastle']Its not a fast one. It's common sense. Don't confuse your lack of understanding and common sense for Carnival trying to "pulll a fast one"[/quote]

Have you not read my other posts? No matter, all is done & I still love Carnival & I will still enjoy my cruise, & I now know how things work when you ask for a price adjustment...so I won't be posting another post like this one in the future.

I feel all has been said of value on this matter & it should now be closed...before someone gets their feelings hurt by something someone else says that may not be very nice.

Thanks again everyone for all the great info! This has truly been a learning experience.

Archived