HAL refunds

We are taking our first cruise this Aug to Alaska! - thanks for all the great and helpful tips! A posting was made in April about a price reduction, but I'd like to ask if anyone who has cruised on HAL ships has received a refund or OBC after a price reduction? Before or after final payment? The cruise charge from our TA only lists the total cruise cost so I don't know what the starting price is for our stateroom. If HAL doesn't give refunds/OBCs, then there is no need to pursue it with our TA. Leaving Vancouver Aug 27 on the Ryndam! Can hardly wait!

You can get a lot of specific examples of refunds if you ask your question on the Holland America cruise line board.

If you go to the HAL web site, you can look up the cost of your room. Just subtract the "normal" charges, fees and taxes. Those don't change that much if the stateroom price drops. At least it'll give you a ballpark amount.

We are taking our first cruise this Aug to Alaska! - thanks for all the great and helpful tips! A posting was made in April about a price reduction, but I'd like to ask if anyone who has cruised on HAL ships has received a refund or OBC after a price reduction? Before or after final payment? The cruise charge from our TA only lists the total cruise cost so I don't know what the starting price is for our stateroom. If HAL doesn't give refunds/OBCs, then there is no need to pursue it with our TA. Leaving Vancouver Aug 27 on the Ryndam! Can hardly wait!

Check with your TA. The reason I stated this is last month I got a big reduction off my cruise which cause a savings of $698!! It won't hurt to ask.

Check out my thread on the solo cruisers board for more info

happy sailing!!

Archived