Where can I find...

Jajone

Are there any cheap sand toys avail for purchase on the Carnival ships? I am trying to save suitcase room and am hoping to just buy some on the ship or in port before we go to the beach.

No, could never find them on Carnival. I remember a cruiseship barbie in the toy section...lol...but not a shovel/pail.

One time I got stuck and bought the shovel/pail in Cozumel...$16.99 for a dollar store bucket :eek: Yeah they knew they had me.

Go to the dollar store and get the smallest bucket/shovel combo you can find.

I guess it can also depend on where you are sailing. When we were in Mexico, we docked right next to a Walmart and I hear in one of the ports on our cruise in June, there is a Kmart relatively close. Some people may not want to go to either one of these on vacation but with luggage limits as they are, it may be a cheaper alternative than paying $25 surcharge for luggage. :( :)

We'll be docking in Cozumel and Grand Caymen. Anyone know about those places? I definitely don't want to pay $16! I also don't want to spend the day searching the stores in port either. Might just have to do the dollar store thing. We aren't sailing until Jan, but in Jan, the stores won't have any buckets/shovels. So, we have to figure this out now.

How about a deflated beach call you can pack and just blow up when you get there? Or a frisbee (at least that is flat and easy to pack). Is your child old enough to have small backpack to carry on with them? You can put a small sand pail into that (along with some other small sand toys) - that will save you room in your suitcase.

We'll be docking in Cozumel and Grand Caymen. Anyone know about those places? I definitely don't want to pay $16! I also don't want to spend the day searching the stores in port either. Might just have to do the dollar store thing. We aren't sailing until Jan, but in Jan, the stores won't have any buckets/shovels. So, we have to figure this out now.

Cozumel is where I paid $16. :eek: ;)

Find a small bucket/shovel combo before you go...lol.

Just returned from San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola.

I noticed that the dive shop had a lot of shovels and pails available at Coki Beach. I didn't ask -- but I'm sure they were for sale (or more then likely - rent).

They were piled up in the same place that we booked our lawn chairs and umbrellas.

Tracey

You may want to take the beach toys with you. I noticed that my kids were the only kids with beach/pool toys at the kiddy pool and everyone wanted to play with ours (not that I minded, but I can't say that my girls didn't:eek: )

We did the same thing as previous posters said...dollar store sand toys, watering cans, and water guns...they were a hit! Don't forget arm floaties if your kids need them. We had to pay an arm and a leg for dollar store arm floaties in St. Thomas...

Archived