When is School Out in 2005 in your Town, please

SNOWEY

Here on Cape Cod (just 90 miles south of Boston port) most kids get out sometime near the end of June, last year June 27 or 28th because of 5 snow days. Sounds like you want a small percentage of kids on board. This is a cruise I am also researching (but out of New York or Bayonne, NJ because I would like to cruise with a cabin and the NCL Majesty is it? doesn't have balconies) and wonder just how many kids usually cruise to Bermuda anytime? Anyone?

If you are looking for when lots of kids will be onboard its a safe bet that anytime from the end of may til the 1st week in September. Every week does have kids but that time is prime family times.

Kids n Pa get out at the end of June.

I live in a county that is considered a suburb of Atlanta, GA and school schedules vary from county to county. Douglas County gets out right before Memorial day. Some of the other counties may be the middle of June before they get out. Every surrounding county though is different though- I don't think any 2 counties around here have the same schedule.

At the local mall at any time you see kids there during the school day. I know they used to watch for kids cutting school there by Douglas's schedule but have found too often they are from other counties and it is a teacher's work day or a break between school quarters etc.

Here on Cape Cod (just 90 miles south of Boston port) most kids get out sometime near the end of June, last year June 27 or 28th because of 5 snow days. Sounds like you want a small percentage of kids on board. This is a cruise I am also researching (but out of New York or Bayonne, NJ because I would like to cruise with a cabin and the NCL Majesty is it? doesn't have balconies) and wonder just how many kids usually cruise to Bermuda anytime? Anyone?

When we cruised on Pacific Princes late Sept. early Oct. 2 years ago. There were like 2 teenagers. Our daughter 18 at the time and a 15 year old boy. His 12 yr. old sister was also on ship. The only other kids on that cruise were small children and only a handful of them. The older kids were well behaved but there was a couple of families with spoiled bratty toddlers. The ship only held 600 passengers.

Now that ship is gone. Normally though it is older ships that do Bermuda as they are smaller and can dock in Hamilton and St. Georges and they don't have balconies. I did read here though RCCL Voyager will do Bermuda next year and dock at the Royal shipyard. Voyager has balconies. So I guess it is a trade-off-nice ship with balconies and you spend more on taxis to see the area or else use their ferries which close at 6 p.m. I understand a taxi from Hamilton or St. Georges to the dockyard can run $50 or more. Now we went to several beaches etc. from Hamilton when we were docked there. Our most expensive taxi was I think $13 for 3 people as the beaches are close to Hamilton.

Thanks everyone! I was thinking of going in early May (like the 1st week). X has the Horizon going there from Virginia. I have never been to Bermuda. We are kidless. Our "baby" is 23 and just graduated college.

I thought the lower price was because it wasn't as hot?! That is ok w/me because in Texas we have more HOT than we need.

I didn't realize the beaches are not nearby? I guess I better check the Bermuda boards and check this out.

I live in New York State, and New York's end of school date may greatly impact how many kids are on Bermuda sailings out of New York City.

Nest year the date of the last New York State Regents exam is June 24, 2005. So you can be certain all school districts in the state will be open at least that late. However, high school kids that don't have to take an exam on the last few days would therefore be done earlier.

For elementary and middle school kids, the last day in my district is June 23, 2005. I expect that is pretty typical statewide, since each district is tied to the Regents exam schedule.

Thanks everyone! I was thinking of going in early May (like the 1st week). X has the Horizon going there from Virginia. I have never been to Bermuda. We are kidless. Our "baby" is 23 and just graduated college.

I thought the lower price was because it wasn't as hot?! That is ok w/me because in Texas we have more HOT than we need.

I didn't realize the beaches are not nearby? I guess I better check the Bermuda boards and check this out.

The Horizon docks at Hamilton which is fairly close to the better beaches. I think you can get a balcony on Horzon if you book a suite which ofcourse is much more expensive then a balcony room on a newer ship. The Horizon is not a big ship.

Momofmeg: Yes, I am looking at the Horizon. Looks to be at a fairly fair price. Might go ahead on Monday and reserve.

So you were able to get a balcony at a decent price? I will have to look in to Horizon again for her out of Tampa cruises. We almost took a cruise on her a couple of years ago but I had read posts that the ship was not so nice anymore.

You would think one of the lines would get smart and build a small nice ship with balconies-it seems to me it would be worth it just for Bermuda alone. We did not care for the Rolyal dockyard but liked both Hamilton and St. Georges.

Please post here after your cruise and let us know what the ship was like.

Archived