Currents magazine ???

starketcher

We got our Currents magazine. My husband got a copy and so did I. My copy had a different cover and a few pictures were different; otherwise, the issue was the same. I thought it may be targetted by age group (husband is 10 years older) but I could not find anything indicating that in his copy. While I have cruised more, I thought mine might be targeted to those who have cruised alot....does not appear so. So does anyone know why they woudl produce two different copies with the same info?

On the website there are 3 versions of the currents. Although they're not labeled as such, the URL they redirect you to are - Currents, FamilyCurrents, and MatureCurrents.

MatureCurrents?!?!?!?!?!?!?! They jest!

We got our Currents magazine. My husband got a copy and so did I. My copy had a different cover and a few pictures were different; otherwise, the issue was the same. I thought it may be targetted by age group (husband is 10 years older) but I could not find anything indicating that in his copy. While I have cruised more, I thought mine might be targeted to those who have cruised alot....does not appear so. So does anyone know why they woudl produce two different copies with the same info?

What pic. was on the cover of yours? We FINALLY got ours this week and I had better not been sent the MatureCurrents!!!

And husband was the only one to get a copy. And right now I have 2 cabins book for another cruise for next year. (Actually 3, I have one booked for a friend) You would think I could at least get my own copy! NOT the MatureCurrents please, I'll take the FamilyCurrents this time, Thank you very much!! :p

I wouldn't know since I haven't received a Currents magazine in ages, yet cruise once or twice every year (on Carnival).

Yes, it's funny, we've cruised every year for about 9 years now. One year 2 X and one year we skipped.

We used to get them religiously and all of a sudden they stopped. I called CCL and had it restarted again. After 2 cruises it stopped again and I had to call again. I'm waiting for that issue to hit my door.

I would even take it electronically it it was easier for them. I just want my Currents Mag, every issue.....:mad:

My GF and I just got ours yesterday and they had different covers also. My GF is older than I am and she got the Mature version and I got the regular version. I just told her I found out why on this thread and says " oh, no, they didn't ! :D " bye bye carnival ! haha :)

This Oct will be my 5th cruise, I got DH into cruising and he is the one who gets the Currents for some reason. He got his yesterday (older couple on the front/guy has gray hair) and DH is only 28 so I am not sure what edition this is. I didn't see anything too appealing in this edition, maybe the next one will be better :)

Yes, it's funny, we've cruised every year for about 9 years now. One year 2 X and one year we skipped.

We used to get them religiously and all of a sudden they stopped. I called CCL and had it restarted again. After 2 cruises it stopped again and I had to call again. I'm waiting for that issue to hit my door.

I would even take it electronically it it was easier for them. I just want my Currents Mag, every issue.....:mad:

Here ya go

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/currents/default.aspx

Just got mine yesterday in the mail.....seems like so long ago since I got my last one. Mine has a little girl jumping for joy in the surf!

DH got the same one (girl w/ braids). THey dont send them to me anymore - humm...guess they dont like travel agents. Only the spouses;)

anyway, it seemed really small and not very exciting:confused:

I just looked at the 2 we received and the only difference besides the cover is articles that starts on Page 18. The mature version has an article titled "great escapes" and is about rediscovering the romance". the other version is "appetite for adventure" and is about food in different ports.

Just got mine yesterday in the mail.....seems like so long ago since I got my last one. Mine has a little girl jumping for joy in the surf!

Yep, that's the one I got also. Page 18 article is "Family time out".

The name that is on the docs first is usually the one getting the magazine. I paid for cruise for hubby and I two years ago, DH couldn't make the trip and SIL was given the privilege of a free cruise on me. Her name was put in place of DH name. She got the Currents mag when they came, she got the Welcome home $50.00 email and everything. I called and complained and was told that her name was first, thereby she got the perks. I had it changed. She also got obc on her s&s card that belonged to me because of a price deduction. That was changed also while on the ship..

And we were on our first CCL cruise in Jan. LOL, it came addressed to DH, when I'm the one who booked and paid for the cruise!:D Oh well, at least I know what it looks like now.

We have been cruising for years and I am VIP, not hubby as he does not go as often as I do. Well, it is hubby that gets Currents and not me. I plan, book and pay all under my name. I guess you can just never figure it out. No rhyme or reason.

We have been cruising for years and I am VIP, not hubby as he does not go as often as I do. Well, it is hubby that gets Currents and not me. I plan, book and pay all under my name. I guess you can just never figure it out. No rhyme or reason.

Hi Ya MuuMuu! Tell Bob hello!

OP:

We got the version of Europe beckons, in Hubby's name, although I am the one who pays and books and ...yada yada...I do enjoy reading the magazine though!

Same here...I do all the booking and paying and it comes in his name...go figure.

However, I think we definitely got the mature version, as it had ads for the walk in bathtub thingys! Puhleeeeeze! It HAS to be for him cause I'm not nearly that old...:eek: ;)

I'm the one who books the cruises. However DH is the one who gets this magazine.

me too! I research everthing, make all the arrangements, book all the excursions, etc. and he gets the magazine....

Well, at least I got the 45 day letter.. If I could just find it!

Archived