Inspiration Cabin questions

Hi everyone - we are sailing on the Inspiration in the fall and we booked connecting OV cabins on the Riviera deck (R194 & R196). When I look at the deck plans I notice that there is one cabin directly across from us (all alone) and then there is a large white area - does anyone know what that white area is??

Also - do the beds in the OV cabins covert to a queen or king?

And lastly - is there a separate sitting area like a couch or a few chairs or do we have to drink our coffee while sitting on our beds?

Any help would be most appreciated!

TIA,

Barbara

Hi everyone - we are sailing on the Inspiration in the fall and we booked connecting OV cabins on the Riviera deck (R194 & R196). When I look at the deck plans I notice that there is one cabin directly across from us (all alone) and then there is a large white area - does anyone know what that white area is??

And lastly - is there a separate sitting area like a couch or a few chairs or do we have to drink our coffee while sitting on our beds?

TIA,

Barbara

The white space is a staff service area... linens, towels, ice, etc... Should be very little, if any, noise from that area.

The beds push together to form a king and I believe there's one chair there and a table.

Hope this helps.

I sailed on the Inspiration recently and she's a lovely ship. You'll be thrilled with the water park and the way the cabins have been upgraded.

Thanks Mach - you are awesome!!! I can't thank you enough for the information I've gathered from your reviews and posts.

My cruise isn't until November, but I'm sure I'll be seeing more of your responses to other Inspiration questions because I am now addicted to this board - thanks in part to your wealth of information.

Thanks again!!

Barbara

I, too, have been looking at Mach's reviews with eagerness and anticipation. We sail the Inspiration in November, on the 8th. If you're there then, hope to see you there.

Hi there - no - we will be sailing the week before Thanksgiving - so I will be looking for your review when you get back!!!

Have a great time!

Hey Prince.....we will also be sailing the week before Thanksgiving. Since this will be our first cruise, maybe we can get lost around the ship together! lol

Hey there Iowa cruiser - I see on your countdown clock (if that's what you call it) that you are sailing on the 17th of November - we are sailing on the 22nd - probably right when you get back - so I won't be able to read your review before hand - but maybe we can compare notes when you get back. Save some of those DOD's for me!!

TIA,

Barbara

We will have connecting cabins on the Empress Deck of the Imagination this August.

I have received two different reports on whether or not beds on connecting cabins can be pushed together - none of which (I believe) were from people who actually stayed in a connecting cabin on a Fantasy class ship.

From the pictures I have seen - In one they were pushed together with the door at the foot of the bed - but with the door opening so you couldn't see the TV, in another they were not together at all (L shape layout). In the Carnival DVD (which I received on Tuesday) - they show a Fantasy Class connecting cabin with the door open to the other cabin at the foot of the beds - but not together (I have to look again, but it almost seemed the connecting doors were pocket doors in the video) - a small night stand was to the right of each bed, but those nightstands are moveable from what I am told.

Hopefully someone that has had connecting cabins on the Inspiration or Imagination could shed some light :) I am not sure if the connecting cabins on those ships are different then the connecting cabins that were added to Fantasy class ships that have not undergone the complete Evolutions of Fun upgrades.

BTW - The Carnival DVD I received does show the Evolutions of Fun waterslides and other enhancements.

We will have connecting cabins on the Empress Deck of the Imagination this August.

I have received two different reports on whether or not beds on connecting cabins can be pushed together - none of which (I believe) were from people who actually stayed in a connecting cabin on a Fantasy class ship.

From the pictures I have seen - In one they were pushed together with the door at the foot of the bed - but with the door opening so you couldn't see the TV, in another they were not together at all (L shape layout). In the Carnival DVD (which I received on Tuesday) - they show a Fantasy Class connecting cabin with the door open to the other cabin at the foot of the beds - but not together (I have to look again, but it almost seemed the connecting doors were pocket doors in the video) - a small night stand was to the right of each bed, but those nightstands are moveable from what I am told.

Hopefully someone that has had connecting cabins on the Inspiration or Imagination could shed some light :) I am not sure if the connecting cabins on those ships are different then the connecting cabins that were added to Fantasy class ships that have not undergone the complete Evolutions of Fun upgrades.

BTW - The Carnival DVD I received does show the Evolutions of Fun waterslides and other enhancements.

The Imagination and the Inspiration are the only two Fantasy class ship that currently have the upgrades...

Here's a shot of the Imagination docking next to us (I was on the Inspiration...) in Cozumel. You can see the water slide on the Imagination...

IMG_0775.jpg

The Imagination and the Inspiration are the only two Fantasy class ship that currently have the upgrades...

True, they are the only two with full upgrades, but at least two other Fantasy class ships (Fascination,Ecstasy) already had connecting cabins added, and some, but not all (Elation?) already had mini-golf - which were/are listed as components of the Evolutions of Fun upgrades.

I was just saying that perhaps the layout of the connecting cabins in Fantasy class ships without the cabin makeovers (as part of the full Evolutions of Fun upgrades) may be different.

I have just booked on the Inspiration, Cabin R141, which on the deck plan is right next to an elevator. Can anyone tell me if this will be too noisy so that I can maybe request a different cabin? BTW Mach, I just finished reading your review of this trip and found it very entertaining. I'm definitely going to Margaritaville after reading your description of the nachos and mojitas!!

I'm also pretty new to cruising but love it. What I can't seem to get a grasp on though is how so many people get upgrades without paying extra. Also, is there any way around the single supp rate (i.e. paying for two when there's only yourself)??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We are sailing the Inspiration on Monday the 19th in OV connecting cabins on the Empress Deck. In the ship layout, it shows one room with an upper and no additional beds in the other. I'm hoping that one of the rooms will allow the beds to pushed together to make a queen/king. I will post when we get back as to the setup. This is our first cruise and thankfully it's finally here.........WooHoo!!!!!!

Archived