Crete / Beach

It depends how long you are docked there, but Star Beach is great BUT it's on the other side of the island so it would mean a taxi. Loads of water sports and pools as well as a big stretch of beach. Theres also a couple of bars and restaurants there.

It depends how long you are docked there, but Star Beach is great BUT it's on the other side of the island so it would mean a taxi. Loads of water sports and pools as well as a big stretch of beach. Theres also a couple of bars and restaurants there.

I'm in the same situation as the Op. We are only there from 7:00 - 1:00. Is this beach doable, or is it not worth the trip only to spend a couple hours there?

What is your port stop on Crete?

Iraklion. This is another first for me. So if you have any suggestions for such a short stop, please chime in.

Again, thank you in advance. You've been a great help today. :)

Iraklion. This is another first for me. So if you have any suggestions for such a short stop, please chime in.

Again, thank you in advance. You've been a great help today. :)

Sorry I can't help you with your port(Karle either since they are the same) as l have not been there..only to Aghios Nikolaos which I loved..the little town was wonderful.I am sure you will find something you like and things to do re your port.I would make it a chill out day and just do some wandering...sometimes those days are the best IMHO.

I think star beach would be a bit far, assuming it would take around 1-2 hours to get off the ship, then 40 - 50 mins to get there in a taxi, so to get back in plenty of time you would probably only get a couple of hours or so there.

Archived