Passenger Vessel Services Act summary to date

cvanhorn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well, I got this thread and the F3 threads mixed up and posted the following on the F3 thread. It belongs here ...

Senator Stevens concedes ...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/stevens

The fine people on the F3 thread did not like my mistake one bit.

I'm guessing that F3 has to do with Royal Caribbean.

I'm guessing that F3 has to do with Royal Caribbean.

F3 is NCL's code for its new build, or not build - depending on how you look at it. It's 150,000 GRT ship that does not have a main dining room and no main show lounge. Also, the cabin walls are wavy. At any rate, there is a dispute between NCL and the ship yard over the cost of the modifications NCL has asked for. Apparently this has resulted in a work stoppage ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2936

Edited by Cuizer2

I guess that was as much fun as the Princess thread about someone mad at Princess for not helping her arrange a meet and greet in the buffet during breakfast (cause we all know that no one dines in the buffet at breakfast:rolleyes:). She hated the responses she got and then went on her roll call to complain how rude posters were for suggesting some better places for the meet.

I guess that was as much fun as the Princess thread about someone mad at Princess for not helping her arrange a meet and greet in the buffet during breakfast (cause we all know that no one dines in the buffet at breakfast:rolleyes:). She hated the responses she got and then went on her roll call to complain how rude posters were for suggesting some better places for the meet.

I saw that thread and was dying over it. My personal favorite is the one currently on the HAL board where someone is complaining they didn't get an upgrade.

I saw that thread and was dying over it. My personal favorite is the one currently on the HAL board where someone is complaining they didn't get an upgrade.

I'll have to check that one out. There's a funny one on this board, OP is Shayna. Her bf got rejected for a passport because he's too behind in child support. Many people are recommending she ditch the guy.

• 1 month later...

Well, as expected, Star Cruises is pulling out of NCLA.

To refresh everyone's memory: Back in August, 2007, Apollo investments bought a stake in NCL for $1 Billion and were to become half owners. NCLA, however, provided an interesting story... NCLA was not profitable and all sides agreed that a decision on NCLA would be made in 16 months (which is the end of calander year 2008.) At that time, NCLA would either continue or be "liquidated."

So here is the shoe dropping: (from a thread on the NCL Board)

Yesterday's Seatrade.....

Star Cruises is exiting NCL America

Star made it perfectly clear that it would not continue to lose money in Hawaii and they gave the NCLA dept 16 months to shape up or ship out....as expected, they have shipped out and who can blame them, eh?

The entire thread is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=893457

I have to agree that the failed attempt to get the PVSA overturned is included in this issue.

Read that thread. Confused as to what is going on. But it sounds like many of the posters are quoting old sources.

Yes, someone posted a 16 month old article as background info. However, they did not make it clear that it was intended as background info. The thread has suffered because of it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The itinerary stated is not a violation. The 1st part, seattle to Alaska with a stop at Vancouver then Seattle is okay (we've done it) 2nd part Seattle to Hawaii then stop at Ensenada is also okay (we did San Diego-Hawaii-Ensenada-San Diego)

The itinerary stated is not a violation. The 1st part, seattle to Alaska with a stop at Vancouver then Seattle is okay (we've done it) 2nd part Seattle to Hawaii then stop at Ensenada is also okay (we did San Diego-Hawaii-Ensenada-San Diego)

no unfortunately its not allowed. You did a roundtrip to San Diego with at least one foreign port. You technically were not transported anywhere as you started and ended at the same place. When the poster on Carnival wants to do is Start in Seattle and end in Hawaii on the same ship as one continuous(although a back to back trip), You can't start and end at a different US port without a stop at a Distant Foreign port on the same ship as one continous trip(no matter how the cruise line breaks upo the segments for paying purposes).

no unfortunately its not allowed. You did a roundtrip to San Diego with at least one foreign port. You technically were not transported anywhere as you started and ended at the same place. When the poster on Carnival wants to do is Start in Seattle and end in Hawaii on the same ship as one continuous(although a back to back trip), You can't start and end at a different US port without a stop at a Distant Foreign port on the same ship as one continous trip(no matter how the cruise line breaks upo the segments for paying purposes).

But new itinerary is Seattle-Glacier Bay- Vancouver then Vancouver - Hawaii.

The way I see that is either as one "trip" Seattle-Hawaii with the stop in Vancouver as the foreign port which might not be allowed or 2 trips each only starting or ending in a U.S. port with a foreign port as the other end/beginning that is okay. Besides, the cruise line would not allow it if it wasn't, as they are the ones who are fined, not the passenger.