Least expensive week to cruise??

What is the least expensive week to cruise out of Florida ports? Given the same number of nights, is one particular port, ship or itinerary more reasonable than others?

I have found the least expensive weeks to be the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but not including either, since people are busy preparing for the holidays and school is in session. Early January also seems inexpensive.

One reasonable reply so far, let me just speculate to keep the conversation going. How about the 2nd week of September, kids are back in school and it is the height of the Hurricane Season.

I agree with after Thanksgiving/Before Christmas...I sailed last December 6th on the Enchantment with my daughter. We sailed on an OV for $329 per person. It was a 5 night cruise to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. It was a great cruise and I thought $329 was a GREAT deal!!!

We are cruising January 3rd, 2009, the four of us (hubby, me and our two kids) and we are going on the Navigator for a 5 night cruise and staying in a grand suite. We are paying just over $3000 for the 4 of us. I thought that was not too bad! :)

It also usually helps to book far in advance. I usually book a year

out and then I sit back and watch the prices go up, up and up. In the end, I've seen

regular balconies go for as much as what I booked my Owner's

Suite for.

What we have experienced is that right after Thanksgiving up until about the 20th of December is about as cheap as it gets. Late January up to about Mid-February is another attractive time and the first couple weeks of September.

I really like the late November cruises. The weather is a little cooler and the prices are so much better.

We read the thread on this and noted the answer for $329 to Grand Caymen. We are going out in Jan to the Caribbean but are soooo hooked we thought we might try for a short cruise in Oct. (our anniversary). Has anyone heard or have personal knowledge of a good cruise (destination is not too important), just not the Caribbean -- maybe out of Florida or somewhere on the East Coast in the lower ranges of price? I know you can deal with travel agents but I am curious to hear unbiased opinions. We are in the Mid-Atlantic area so we can run down to any of the eastern ports. Thanks.:D

We usually go labor day week and have found the rates at that time to be very reasonable. We also aren't using one of our vacation days from work because we are normally off for Labor Day anyway...Yes, you have to think about hurricane season, but we have been lucky enough to miss them for the past few years. (fingers crossed, we're going again this labor day).

If you don't mind the smaller ships, Port Canaveral has some 3 and 4 day cruises around labor day that are really a great price! Good luck.

What is the least expensive week to cruise out of Florida ports? Given the same number of nights, is one particular port, ship or itinerary more reasonable than others?

Last part of September, early October, always seemed the cheapest for us...

For the Florida ships, you have to think like a parent. And think what times parents do NOT wanna pull their kids out of school.

So, the week after Thanksgiving, ALWAYS cheap (yes I've jumped on that deal before)

The first week of schools, (last week of August, 1st week of September) also VERY cheap. Many parents won't grab the kids out at the beginning of school. (Nope, I am not one of those parents...lol)

And the last weeks of school, last week of May, good deals.

Stay away from Holidays and Summer.

Hurricane Season (Sept/Oct) is also a great deal.

Our early December cruise next year is significantly cheaper than some of the surrounding weeks. We also had good luck in October ... we had originally booked for January and had to change and were able to get a 2 category upgrade for the same price.

Those are for Caribbean. I know that our Canada/New England trip in June is cheaper than later in the season, especially September/October. I think that the same holds for Alaska ... May/June is usually less expensive than July/August.

We tend to book well in advance. Even on less popular dates, this seems to help. We couldn't get an inside guarantee on our June cruise for what we paid for our Oceanview last July.

Like others have posted, the first week of December is full of bargains. It's also relatively cheap in early November as well as January and February. September isn't so bad either. We only cruise during those times, lol!!! But I'm pretty sure the absolute cheapest is the first week of December in between Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays....good for us w/out kids!! :D

Laura

We read the thread on this and noted the answer for $329 to Grand Caymen. We are going out in Jan to the Caribbean but are soooo hooked we thought we might try for a short cruise in Oct. (our anniversary). Has anyone heard or have personal knowledge of a good cruise (destination is not too important), just not the Caribbean -- maybe out of Florida or somewhere on the East Coast in the lower ranges of price? I know you can deal with travel agents but I am curious to hear unbiased opinions. We are in the Mid-Atlantic area so we can run down to any of the eastern ports. Thanks.:D
We did a repositioning out of Baltimore one October that was very nice. The first week was Baltimore to the Eastern Caribbean, and we got off at San Juan, but many peoplestayed for the back to back and did Western Caribbean to Galveston. Because it was shoulder season/hurricane season, the prices were VERY reasonable. We traded our January cruise for the October one and went from regular Oceanview to a Balcony with some suite amenities (Celebrity Concierge Class) for a little bit lower price.

The cheapest weeks are the weeks that kids are in school. That means holiday seasons, probable spring break weeks (March-April) and summer cruises are the most expensive.

Hurricane season provides good deals, yes.

We have friends whose kids are grown who shop for the best deals and go when they get them (often Jan-Feb).

We have five kids, so we go around spring break times. I'd guess we pay about $200 more pp in such instances.

Archived