Alaska Excursions Help

adn4

We just booked a cruise to Alaska on the Star Princess for the end of June. I have never been there before, and wanted to get some advise on a couple of excursions. I wanted to go fishing. Which is the best port to do this? Should I book it with the ship, or is there a private company I should contact?

I also heard that there are some nice Kayak / Boat trips where you can get a better view of the Glaciers. Any advice for this excursions (best port, best company, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Fishing out of Ketchikan, my family is a long time customer of Northern Lights.

If you want glacier kaying, then your only option is Juneau. I believe Above and Beyond rents kayaks?? The ship excursion should have a canoe trip also. Skip the raft trip, so so at best. In Skagway there is glacier point safari, which gets raves, and is a ship contracted excursion.

Hi - we're booked with Northern Lights for first week for first week of June, so will let you know. Capt. Jack was very helpful over the phone and was recommended here. You should be aware there are new limits on King salmon, not sure if other salmon will be running then. He says we will fish for whatever is biting!

I'd like to know, what there is to do in Ketchikan after the fishing (which leaves bright and early at 7 AM), since we will have some time when we return - duck boats? Can we walk to the salmon hatchery & eagle center from town? What about Yakutania Point to see the sea lions? Thanks....

Hi - we're booked with Northern Lights for first week for first week of June, so will let you know. Capt. Jack was very helpful over the phone and was recommended here. You should be aware there are new limits on King salmon, not sure if other salmon will be running then. He says we will fish for whatever is biting!

I'd like to know, what there is to do in Ketchikan after the fishing (which leaves bright and early at 7 AM), since we will have some time when we return - duck boats? Can we walk to the salmon hatchery & eagle center from town? What about Yakutania Point to see the sea lions? Thanks....

Not sure who you are going with but Northern Lights is run by Ken, not any Jack?????

If you have no mobility limitations you can definately walk to the small hatchery. Located off Park.

Archived