Snow?

littlegap

I took a 4-28 Celebrity cruise with my daughter and she had never seen it either. We did the worlds longest zip line in Icy Strait Point. At the top of the mountain not only was there a ton on the ground it snowed on us. She cried and I smiled. Good luck to you!

I took a 4-28 Celebrity cruise with my daughter and she had never seen it either. We did the worlds longest zip line in Icy Strait Point. At the top of the mountain not only was there a ton on the ground it snowed on us. She cried and I smiled. Good luck to you!

We will not be stopping in Ice Strait (at least I don't think! :confused: ). We are going to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, and then Denali and Mt. Mckinley. We have booked the heli/dog sled tour in Juneau and now hoping that the weather will allow us to go on this tour. In Skagway, we are doing the 9 hr tour wuth Chilkoot. Somewhere somehow I am going to get him to snow :rolleyes: hopefully!

We were just in Skagway 5/21 and we rented a car from Avis and drove to Emerald Lake (thanks to Yukon!!) The first picture is from our drive and you can see there is still snow right on the side of the road. The second picture is a lake we stopped at, and the lake was still half frozen! You see snow and ice from a distance but this is where we got up close and personal! You will have a great time!

Happy cruising,

Pam

DSCN0869.jpg.0fcbeb9473a1f3f32530afe88546595c.jpg

DSCN0907.jpg.21b419da1567e910c9618e6012e1772c.jpg

We were just in Skagway 5/21 and we rented a car from Avis and drove to Emerald Lake (thanks to Yukon!!) The first picture is from our drive and you can see there is still snow right on the side of the road. The second picture is a lake we stopped at, and the lake was still half frozen! You see snow and ice from a distance but this is where we got up close and personal! You will have a great time!

Happy cruising,

Pam

Thank you for sharing your pictures. There is a ray of hope for snow. Yes, we are also planning on a trip to Emerald Lake thanks to Mr. "Yukon". I thoroughly appreciate all the information he and others offer on these boards as this will be our first cruise and first time to Alaska! :D

We will not be stopping in Ice Strait (at least I don't think! :confused: ). We are going to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, and then Denali and Mt. Mckinley. We have booked the heli/dog sled tour in Juneau and now hoping that the weather will allow us to go on this tour. In Skagway, we are doing the 9 hr tour wuth Chilkoot. Somewhere somehow I am going to get him to snow :rolleyes: hopefully!

Is your 9 hour Chilkoot tour the one that goes clear to Carcross by train/bus? If so, you should still have a pretty good chance of seeing snow there. We were there last year the week of May 20, and this photo was taken after leaving Lake Bennett (on the train) but before getting to the Summit where most of the train rides start:

2349145630060502137S500x500Q85.jpg

Is your 9 hour Chilkoot tour the one that goes clear to Carcross by train/bus? If so, you should still have a pretty good chance of seeing snow there. We were there last year the week of May 20, and this photo was taken after leaving Lake Bennett (on the train) but before getting to the Summit where most of the train rides start:

2349145630060502137S500x500Q85.jpg

For this picture. It is beautiful! :)

:D

There was plenty of snow on Mt. Roberts last week, (in fact, most the trails were closed) and plenty towards the top of White Pass.

Barry

Thank you everyone! I am crossing my fingers and hoping it will stick around 11 more days! I am very hopeful right now! :)

Archived