Golden Princess

golfnkitties

Does anyone have any pictures of the Aft cabins on the Dolphin and Emerald deck on the Golden ?

Thinking of booking one and trying Princess for the first time.

Seasoned Celebrity Cruisers ~~~ will we like Princess ?

Thanks in advance !

Are you talking about the true aft (across the back of the ship) OR the ones on the side towards the back (aft)?

Here's some photos that may be of help:

http://image53.webshots.com/453/9/81/85/2126981850094911516umhEOg_fs.jpg

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=768101&highlight=Golden

info on the balconies

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2541281960103442853BvciYn

Promenade (2 people in photo), next deck up is the Emerald deck mini-suites.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2901180130103442853TnzlLM

Where the people are in this photo is the dolphin deck (fully exposed balconies)

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2113913280055645931wVmEiS

photo album ... E729 (mini-suite with extended balcony on the Golden) All Emerald deck mini-suites should be similar just with a bit smaller balcony.

Hope these help. I can't take credit for any of the photos, but sure do appreciated the people who have posted them. They helped us greatly with deciding on the cabin we wanted.

Your help is so wonderful ! We have never sailed Princess before and need lots of help ! We were thinking of D734, but due to the longer cruise thought we would go with a mini suite for a bit more space. We currently have D732 on hold, but in checking out your references, it looks as if that Dolphin Deck has no covering over the top of the veranda. DH needs shade, so we should be looking at Emerald Deck ??

Thanks in advance !

:D:D We are going to be sailing on 10/25/09 RT Hawaii ! We see that there is a roll call going and we see you will be on this cruise also ! :cool:

Looking at the minis on the aft end of the Emerald Deck, I see that they are above the Vista Lounge. What is the Vista Lounge and would we hear sound from there during the evening and night ??

Thanks for all the help !

Marilyn.. Are the Dolphin Deck minis totally uncovered or partial? We have booked a mini for our Hawaii cruise on the Golden.

Larry, while I am not sure but I thought on the grand class ships the dolphin deck mini's are open; not like some on the Coral/Island where a few are covered. I know that the Emerald's are covered. If someone out there and help us answer this question we really would appreciate it. I have a covered mini on the Star for oct. but on the Emerald deck.

Marilyn

Marilyn.. Are the Dolphin Deck minis totally uncovered or partial? We have booked a mini for our Hawaii cruise on the Golden.

I just confirmed with Princess, the Caribe deck covers a small part of the Dolphin deck, and the Dolphin has a totally unobstructed view of the water. Hope this is helpful. This is our first cruise on Princess (after many, many on RCCL), and our balcony is of critical importance to us. Going to AK, we wanted a bit of coverage in case it is raining, but I want to look up and see the stars, and look down and see the water. We therefore booked a mini-suite on Dolphin Deck :)

Sorry but must disagree, the Dolphin Deck mini's are totally uncovered.(Grand class Ships) We've had a mini on th Dolphin deck but needing cover have switched to the Emerald Deck, which is totally covered.

Bev

Agreed - was in a Caribe deck balcony cabin on Golden Princess in early May. Caribe deck balconies are half covered, half uncovered, Dolphin deck balconies are fully uncovered. The slider for the Dolphin deck balconies is at the same point as the Caribe deck balony railing - if I looked over my rail, I could seen the full Dolphin deck balcony below me.

I had a mini suite on the Golden and all mini suites on the Dolphin deck have uncovered balconies. I wasn't used to that and I didn't like it. I like my privacy and I didn't appreciate people from the three decks above me looking right down into my balcony. For my next cruise, I booked a mini suite on the Emerald deck where the mini suite balconies are covered.

Your help is so wonderful ! We have never sailed Princess before and need lots of help ! We were thinking of D734, but due to the longer cruise thought we would go with a mini suite for a bit more space. We currently have D732 on hold, but in checking out your references, it looks as if that Dolphin Deck has no covering over the top of the veranda. DH needs shade, so we should be looking at Emerald Deck ??

Thanks in advance !

:D:D We are going to be sailing on 10/25/09 RT Hawaii ! We see that there is a roll call going and we see you will be on this cruise also ! :cool:

YES, we are booked for the Golden 10/25/2009. Very excited about it as it will be our first time to Hawaii. We decided on a mini-suite on the Emerald Deck. We wanted a totally covered balcony. We may live in AZ, but we sure do appreciate the shade and a cover in case it rains.

Dolphin Deck is totally uncovered.

Emerald is completely covered.

Caribe is 1/2 covered, 1/2 open.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2541281960103442853BvciYn

If you look at this photo ... go from the bottom up,

Promenade deck (2 people standing at the rail)

Emerald Deck (these are the mini-suite balconies and they are completely covered)

Dolphin Deck (completely open/uncovered balcony)

Then go to this photo:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2901180130103442853TnzlLM

Bottom of the photo up:

Dolphin Deck ... really shows the open balcony

Caribe ... 1/2 covered, 1/2 uncovered

Baja ... covered, but much smaller balcony

Someone asked about the Vista Lounge ... it is the main show room. However it has been our experience that shows are thru by 11 PM so we don't expect to hear much noise from it. I had read many reviews of the mini-suites on the Emerald deck and most said they never heard any noise from the showroom. The balcony on these cabins is above the promenade deck, so should be fairly quiet too.

We really appreciate all the help ! We opted out of the mini suite and went back to the aft, overlooking the wake, in a BB cabin. We once had a mini suite on HAL right above the band stand in a lounge and they kept us up to well after midnight ! :eek:

We will go and chat on the Roll Call thread soon !

We were on the Island in 2006 and was on the Dolphin deck. We loved it! You can look directly down at the water or up in the sky. The ones that are covered only get to look down on other decks, so you can't see the waves at the sides of the ship...or dolphins for that matter, that follow us. I don't mind being uncovered...so people can look down on me. Well, I can look up on them. Did anyone ever realize that? The lower decks can see you too. So I guess it is just a matter of opinion. I also loved the larger cabin, two TV's, a couch instead of a chair, and the BATHTUB! Awesome!

We are sailing the Golden in October to Hawaii, and are staying in a Dolphin deck cabin! Can't wait!!

Paka

Aren't all of the mini-suites on the Golden on the Dolphin deck? I am looking at the deck plans and can't find any minis on any other deck. We booked our first Princess cruise and wanted a mini-suite for the larger balcony, and price wise it was a really good deal. Maybe that's because we will freeze out on the balcony in Alaska in May!:eek: Oh well, at least we'll have a great view of the scenery!:)

Just a note if any of you are booking mini-suites for the Golden:

AE category mini-suites D732 and D733: the beds do NOT make into a queen bed. They have to be left as two twins and have a shower only no tub/shower combination.

Just an FYI -- information taken from the Princess Hawaii brochure with deck plans

Here's photos of D732 on the Golden:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/378283620Wcvptp

Here a good photo of the balconies too:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2196410170037043165koWkEK

Archived