setting up a sea pass....

2 of us are in a room together and I'm taking care of my own expenses and she's taking care of hers. Can we set up a sea pass with 2 different credit cards or credit card and cash? If we can, how does the ship know that her card is applied to her account and vice versa for me?

2 of us are in a room together and I'm taking care of my own expenses and she's taking care of hers. Can we set up a sea pass with 2 different credit cards or credit card and cash? If we can, how does the ship know that her card is applied to her account and vice versa for me?

First of all yes you can!

They know because each of your seapass cards will have different folio numbers and these are attached to your accounts. So they know from teh folio number whom to charge.

There´s only one thing where they can´t do so and that´s charges towards the room. I.E. one of you takes something from the minibar. This charge will go to the main person listed in the room, as they won´t know who consumed it. But you should be able to straight that out between the two of you.

First of all yes you can!

They know because each of your seapass cards will have different folio numbers and these are attached to your accounts. So they know from teh folio number whom to charge.

There´s only one thing where they can´t do so and that´s charges towards the room. I.E. one of you takes something from the minibar. This charge will go to the main person listed in the room, as they won´t know who consumed it. But you should be able to straight that out between the two of you.

Good - thanks for a speedy reply.

I understand about the mini bar room charges but what other type of charges would be similar to that example....would booking excursions be the same issue?

My SIL and neice and myself did just that. We set up 3 accounts for one cabin, and surprisingly there were very few mistakes. Most of the mixups were fixable between ourselves, meaning we just "bought the next round" or whatever to make up for it. I assume they can figure it out by your signature, because we all have the same name to add to the confusion!

You can check your account daily if necessary to make sure they are getting it right. I'm sure if you're traveling together you must be friends, and theres nothing you can't work out between you if need be!;)

My SIL and neice and myself did just that. We set up 3 accounts for one cabin, and surprisingly there were very few mistakes. Most of the mixups were fixable between ourselves, meaning we just "bought the next round" or whatever to make up for it. I assume they can figure it out by your signature, because we all have the same name to add to the confusion!

You can check your account daily if necessary to make sure they are getting it right. I'm sure if you're traveling together you must be friends, and theres nothing you can't work out between you if need be!;)

thanks for your reply! We will be able to work out those minor details.

Good - thanks for a speedy reply.

I understand about the mini bar room charges but what other type of charges would be similar to that example....would booking excursions be the same issue?

Another one that I could think about would be telephone calls ship to shore from the room.

Shore excursions you could either pre-book online and are then charged to your credit card or when booking onboard you will provide the folionumber from your seapass card, so they know who to charge.

Another example that I can think of where the charge will be posted to the main person in the room is when you pay to have your airline boarding passes provided to you onboard and have your luggage go straight to the airport from the pier. (I can't think of what this service is called!)

I think laundry may be the same way, but I'm not sure. Maybe you write your folio number on the laundry slip. I can't remember.

Archived