Anyone stayed in a Celebrity Suite on Summit?

Cooks_Bay

Looking at a spring cruise out of San Juan. We have 2 young kids so a room w/o a balcony would probably be OK. My concern is whether or not those rooms get too hot with all that glass. Can the AC keep up with them on a Carribean cruise? I like the Royal Suites, but 4K more is pretty steep.

We have stayed in a Celebrity Suite on Summit to Alaska and on Constellation British Isles and Norwegian Fiords. I think it is the best value on the ship. So much more room than Sky Suite. It was hot in Northern Europe and the AC did

a good job. It will probably be hotter in the Caribbean. The Celebrity Suite has shades that can be closed if it gets hot in the suite. The view from the wall of windows is teriffic. Suggest getting a forward facing suite. Two large plasma televisions and DVD players are good for the kids. We will soon be in a Celebrity Suite on Summit in the Med. We enjoy it tremendously.

On the Summit we have changed our cabin to 9160 which is a CC class veranada at the back of the boat. Has anyone any info on this cabin. Our TA says the veranda is larger and the views are great. Like someone elses opinion. Thanks sue

Yes, the balcony is larger, enough to have a table and chairs and lounge chairs....just note that you are on the sky deck and above you head is open deck for the waterfall grill and you may get some noise from chairs moving early morning and late night.....if you know this ahead you can plan on noise......it is always better to get Panorama deck, vista....or the CC staterooms between the royal suites.....they are the best..........balonies are huge also and have beautiful teak deck.....just like the royal suites....

I hope this helps we have sailed many times on the Summit and have had many of the staterooms off the back of the ship .......

On the Summit we have changed our cabin to 9160 which is a CC class veranada at the back of the boat. Has anyone any info on this cabin. Our TA says the veranda is larger and the views are great. Like someone elses opinion. Thanks sue

My husband and I were in a Celebrity Suite on Summit, through the Panama Canal - it was terrific. The temperature in the room was never an issue, and when the sun was coming in the windows, we (or our Butler) would lower the shades which kept the room nice and cool. The extra room was great to have. I would definitely recommend.

We've sailed in Celebrity Suites twice, once on the Millie, second on Infinity. We were in CS 7140 on both cruises. The Millie cruise was a Caribbean cruise, whereas Infinity was sailing from Hawaii to Ensenada. The windows do not get hot. They have double roman shades on their windows so you can adjust them very easily.

One major piece of advice, is to keep the shade that faces either the front or back of the ship down! (we faced the back; CS7138 faces forward) Otherwise, people on the balconies on the same deck as you can look right into the living room.

We had a fabulous time in the CS, so much so that we're now spoiled. Definitely bring CD's from home so you and your family can take advantage of a great sound system.

Here's a link to my online album with the Millie CS7140 pics.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/102371507rxgewD

Take the Celebrity Suite and enjoy!!!!

Anita

Definitely bring CD's from home so you and your family can take advantage of a great sound system.

Thanks for the tips Anita. We are booked on the Connie at the end of the month for a Baltic cruise and are booked in a forward-facing CS.

Was noise an issue at all from the connecting suite?

Thanks, Steve

Thanks Anita and Lynn! That's good to know- I travel a lot for work and always request a non-connecting room as the connecting rooms are usually noisier. My fall-back is putting a towel by the door to mute the noise, but it sounds like that won't be a problem.

Lynn, I'm taking that trans-Atlantic you took next fall (2009); it has a great itinerary!

We have been in a CS twice. First time on a TA from San Juan to Dover. Loved it so much, booked again for a Hawaiian cruise - a veranda would have been nice in the islands, but was freezing over and back - so we were happy campers for our eight days at sea. Would not hesitate to book again!

Archived