Shopping

Latimer

Hey Sue,

Just happened to find you here. I thought I would ask about beaches. I can tell you from experience that there is definiatley good shopping on this island. I had some of my credit cards smoking from this island.

Marilee

Hey Sue,

Just happened to find you here. I thought I would ask about beaches. I can tell you from experience that there is definiatley good shopping on this island. I had some of my credit cards smoking from this island.

Marilee

Hiya

thats just great,,, what was on offer,,,,,

As posted on the other thread, Aruba has fantastic shopping.

There are plenty of jewelry, fine watch, and upscale stores including Mont Blanc, Ferragamo, Polo and so on. Then there are other stores selling everything from Dutch lace to local crafts. There is a new mall near the high rise hotel area that has a variety of things from Lingerie to small kiosks selling crafts and such.

There's a Diamonds International, several shops selling those sun changing t shirts, and all the usual shops touted shipboard. I didnt see any bargains. In fact the watch we liked at DI was $750 and I bought it online tax free for $550.

• 2 weeks later...
In fact the watch we liked at DI was $750 and I bought it online tax free for $550.

This applies for anything you plan on buying on the island: watches, jewelry, electronics, cosmetics, perfume etc.

KNOW your prices BEFORE you buy. There are not necessarily bargains where you think there would be.

My FIL learned this when attempting to purchase a new camera a few years back. He ended up running around the corner and using the internet cafe to look up the pricing online for the model he was interested in. He learned it was not a bargain. Do your homework beforehand and save yourself a trip to the internet cafe for research. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I've posted photos of several shopping areas in Aruba on my blog that is part of my signature. You can see the shops and streets and such. There's also some shots of the Adventure of the Seas in port.

Enjoy.

Archived