Anyone won a cruise during bingo?

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter won a 7 day Caribbean cruise at Bingo in June on the Mariner. I had to claim it because she's only 14. Since we never win anything, we were very excited. There are restrictions as mentioned earlier (all holidays are blacked out as well as June/July, and you have a year to take it-really 10 months since June/July are blacked out). The restrictions make it a little harder to book because of her being in school and not wanting to miss a week of school, and my husband is battling cancer and has chemo every other week, making it a little more difficult to plan. However, we will definetly find time to enjoy another cruise.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from Mariner on Sunday. Great time even with the changed schedule due to the hurricane. On Wednesday we won the Bingo cruise!!! Very exciting. We'll let you know how the process goes. Anyone have any idea about the income tax consequences of winning the cruise?

Archived