Anyone know who the butler/concierge on the Star is??

Bailey0930

Hello,

Getting very excited to go on the Star on the 21st. Just curious to see who the butler/concierge is and what they were like? We are in the Garden Villa. Have seen some reviews on CC that some are GREAT and some not so...

Thanks!:D

Garden Villa?? You have got it made. Roy is your butler and he is the best we ever had. We just got off of the NCL Star and had Leo.. he was horrible.. LOL.. Roy had been our butler on our last cruise last November. We saw him when we were checking in and he came over and said hello and said he had been moved to the Garden Villa.

Simone is your concierge and she is fantastic. LOVE HER.. very sweet and will do every thing she can to make sure you have a wonderful cruise. You are going to have a blast. Got room for two more?? We would love to tag along.. maybe carry your luggage for you?? Can't wait to go back.

I don't know if GV has same Butler/ conc. as the AB have, but in Jan. we had Roel (Butler) and Marife (conc.) Both did a very good job for us. Roel went beyond our expectations. We had two other cabins AF with our sons and their families in them. Many times the GD's came to see us and Roel would bring them special fruit. ( He could see what they would always take from our basket.) When we ordered room service he brought pizza up for the girls and would bring juice.( We didn't request either.)

We had a party in our suite for CC members that we met at M&G. Roel set up a really nice horsd'oeuvre table for us. Just tell him what you want or give him ideas and he does a great job.

We seemed to miss Marife every time she came by, but did alot of reservations ect with her over the phone. We even got res. in the main dining room for 12 of us at 6:30. Did Cagneys for 8 with no problems.

Both treated our family very well even tho it was just DH and I in the AB, but the GD's stayed alot in the childrens bedroom and I think Roel got a kick out of them. (3 1/2 and 2 1/2 yr olds)

Have a great time,

Retiredonthesea

Thanks for all the info! Glad to hear they are great, have had some in the past not so great. LOL...the concierge on the Gem in March didn't do a thing for us. I called her several times to book stuff and she was too busy and never called us back, and by any means we are very layed back people to don't ask for much!:D

Terry & Doug - Sure, we can squeeze you in somewhere:p I can't wait for you to post your review, I was reading that you were going to do one this week? My sister in law/brother who is traveling with us, were thinking about the bear one you took in Prince Rupert..please let me know why they shoudn't? :eek: My sister in law is a huge "bear" fan and thought that would be a good one??? Thanks:)

Thanks for all the info! Glad to hear they are great, have had some in the past not so great. LOL...the concierge on the Gem in March didn't do a thing for us. I called her several times to book stuff and she was too busy and never called us back, and by any means we are very layed back people to don't ask for much!:D

Terry & Doug - Sure, we can squeeze you in somewhere:p I can't wait for you to post your review, I was reading that you were going to do one this week? My sister in law/brother who is traveling with us, were thinking about the bear one you took in Prince Rupert..please let me know why they shoudn't? :eek: My sister in law is a huge "bear" fan and thought that would be a good one??? Thanks:)

Here is a copy of a posting i put on another string:

The other one I would stay away from is for Prince Rupert. Khutzeymateen Grizzly Bear Viewing tour. It is expensive and we literally saw as many bear on our other excursions by accident as we saw on this tour on purpose. The staff of the tour we found to be extremely rude. Example. There was this one time we were viewing what appeared to be a small bear. This one lady got very excited and said pretty loud.. "Oh look.. it's a cub".. Well.. the tour guide snapped at her LOUDLY and said "Don't be saying things you know nothing about". And then bashed her loudly saying the tour operators were the experts, not us, and they would tell us when it was a cub, etc. I felt so badly for that lady.. She was just excited..She did not deserve that. There were MANY other examples of how I thought the staff were rude, but I won't put them all on here..PLEASE.. Save yourself $200.00 a person.. PLEASE.. That money can be spent better elsewhere.

Honestly, we saw as many bear on the other tours we took. I just felt like the other tours we took were a better value. On this one (which was the most expensive tour we took) you were on their boat five+ hours. They did give you a boxed lunch with a drink, but after that.. water, coffee, etc you paid for every drop you got. Other tours we were on boats for that long provided the water, coffee and hot chocolate. We just felt like their tour was not worth the money and compared to the other tours we loved so much.. Misty Fjord and Tracy Arm( diverted to Endicott Fjord), the scenery was not as pretty. If someone needs to budget their excursion expenses, they would be better off on other tours. That is really what I was trying to say more than anything. We got to see bears on those two tours I just mentioned and there was one time.. I think it was when we were leaving Skagway, that the whole ship got to see three bear off the Starboard side.

Hello,

Getting very excited to go on the Star on the 21st. Just curious to see who the butler/concierge is and what they were like? We are in the Garden Villa. Have seen some reviews on CC that some are GREAT and some not so...

Thanks!:D

Simone is back on board and is one of our two favorite concierges (Ruth is the other and Ruth trained Simone). IF you remember, tell her that her 'big sister' says hi and we miss her.

the villa in Alaska is an amazing place to be, especially at the glacier. Go up top for a 360 degree view. bring a warm jacket, you'll need it. if they still offer it, try the summer dog sled camp excursion in Juneau. It was the most fun we had on the trip. The dogs are so strong and beautiful.

Have a great cruise. It's impossible not to when you're in the GV being taken care of by Simone.

sheryl

I agree that Simone was a great concierge. We just came off the Star this past Saturday. She came to visit with us most mornings while we were in Cagney's having breakfast and made herself available. She was ill one evening and her assistant took over, but she was back the next morning helping us off the ship in Prince Rupert.

If you're looking to see wildlife, we took the Whale Watching by Zodiac tour in Prince Rupert. It was absolutely fantasitc. We found a pod of 15 whales that we followed for quite some time. We also saw seals and eagles while making our way to the whales. It was a once in a lifetime experience.

Archived