airport to hotel to cruise question

colkeena

The short answer is no.

If you are staying at a hotel near LAX (which I do not recommend unless your flight is getting in really late), the hotels have free shuttles to take you there. But they do not provide transportation to the port, which is about 20 miles away. You can take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and pick up Super Shuttle, Prime Time or another shared van service for about $16 per person as I recall. Or you could just get a cab from your hotel, which would save you time, but cost you about $55 plus tip.

If you are staying near the port (better restaurants, nicer area, if you're up early you can see the ship come in), you'll have to pay to get there, whether it's shared van, taxi or limo service (I like Sky Limo, but call them 800-359-1800, as somebody reported a virus problem with their website). The Crowne Plaza, Doubletree and Holiday Inn all have free shuttles to the port.

First time sailing from west coast.Can I get a hotel shuttle from LAX to hotel and same hotel shuttle to RCCL pier the next day? Which hotels could I use? Could not pull up this information.

Answer #1 = Crowne Plaza (click on the thread/link for pics and info)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=601984

They have a Fly and Sail package that includes all of this and more.

This includes their subcontract with a local shuttle company.

Answer #2 = Doubletree or HI

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=602015

You will need to book your own shuttle to and from LAX though.

We have stayed at both the Crowne Plaza and the Double Tree Inn in the last 6 months. The Crowne Plaza is nice and is in downtown San Pedro closer to the terminal. However we think the DTI is nicer and in a nicer setting. Both have free shuttles to and from the terminal and to restaurants and shops within 5 miles of the hotel. We have used Super Shuttle from LAX to the hotel with great success...there is a thread on this board for a discount code for Super Shuttle.

Archived