You know you've been on a lot of cruises when...

jt1120

One thing I have noticed is that people who cruise will always ask you what ship you are going on.

People who don't cruise ask you where you are cruising to.

Oh, honey, it doesn't matter where the thing is going....as long as you are onboard...

Mike

When you "meet" your future cruising buddies a year before you sail!

hee hee... when you meet your bestest friend EVER a year before you meet!:D

... when you have a stack of "sea passes" and they look like a deck of cards... hee hee

... when you have a stack of "sea passes" and they look like a deck of cards... hee hee

For sure -- good one hylagirl.:) Right next to the stack of FF cards, travel credit cards, hotel cards, and loyality club cards.

Kel

How about:sitting around your pool in a louge chair and you stick out an empty hand and no one puts a funny drink with umbrellas in it and you are shocked.Your daughter gets married on a cruise and family/friends react with 'So?'.Denny & Karen

When the last cruise is not paid for yet and you are planning the next one..:eek: :eek:

Since starting this thread and reading all of the responses, I personally feel that this one says it all! So very true!!! We haven't even booked our NCL Sky trip in September, haven't paid off the Solstice yet, but know that we'll be doing the NCL Sky, and are wondering what to do next year. Oh man, we've got it bad!

…When the last thing you do before going to bed is hang a leftover breakfast order card on your bedroom door, just in case.

…When you attempt to pay for groceries at the grocery store with your seapass from your last cruise (really happen to me).

…When you can’t remember the names of your neighbor’s two doors down but you can recite the names of each stateroom attendant you’ve had on each past cruise.

…When you walk out of your house onto your backyard veranda and sadly say: “I guess today is not a sea day!”

…When you’ve had this conversation with your wife:

DW: “Where would you like to have your dinner tonight?”

ME: “What’s on tonight’s menu?”

DW: “Meatloaf”

ME: “The Lido then”

Boy I need a ship fast!:D

When you keep pulling out your SeaPass to pay for things after you get back home! verrueckt011.gif

When you keep looking for the Daily Planner on your bed each night after you get back home.verrueckt012.gif

When you keep looking for towel animals on your bed after you get back home.verrueckt022.gif

What a wonderful thread!!

And so many of them are true - although I have not been on more cruises than C2C; but I have met them.

• How about when your favorite jeweler in St. Martin sends you a Christmas card at home each year along with an invitation to his daughters wedding? (And I have never met his daughter.)

• When you go to serve dinner at night you need to decide whether you want to eat from the Celebrity china or the Royal Caribbean? (Sad but true.)

You know you've been on a lot of cruises when...

...most of your dreams involve cruising.:)

...almost ALL of your daydreams involve cruising.:D

...you are constantly "sniffing out" the next big cruise.:cool:

...you absolutely detest the sound of walkie-talkies.

..you get a standard-size hotel room on land, and think it's ENORMOUS!

--it seems silly to go out for an upscale meal at home.

--you buy new luggage every three years.

--when people mention they are cruising out of San Diego on a particular date, and you can tell them the name of the ship and the itinerary.

--you check priceline, hotwire and airline sites almost every day.

--you've been on the same ship three times.

--you use the internet now to put a "hold" on your newspaper and mail.

--you are very stealthy at exiting the dining room before the Baked-Alaskan parade begins.

When you keep your luggage in the guest room instead of the basement.

When the closet in the guest room has one entire shelf full of "travel size" everything, and gets added to weekly

When you run into friends and they don't ask how you are, they ask how was your last cruise.
One thing I have noticed is that people who cruise will always ask you what ship you are going on.

People who don't cruise ask you where you are cruising to.

When you "meet" your future cruising buddies a year before you sail!
Your daughter gets married on a cruise and family/friends react with 'So?'.Denny & Karen
when you go shopping for clothes - and look at everything in terms or how it will work for a cruise
You don't get homesick when you're at sea ~

You get seasick when you're at home! :o

Trudy

Trudy: obviously kindred spirits here!!

So much for joining "cruisers anonymous". I now realize all the behavior mentioned above is normal...

and we all spend more time on cruise critic reading and posting than any other activity...

When you have two sets of clothes - cruise clothes and land clothes.

When all your vacation pictures show you on a ship or in a port.

You don't take your camera out except for cruises.

You have cruise friends and land friends.

You have a hot list of cruise friends to call if a great fare is published.

The Tux you bought has only been worn at sea.

You pick up one friend a year and that is on a cruise.

You can't write a short paragraph letter in email but will spend 10 hours writing a cruise review.

....when you've gone on more cruises than Arno and Joanne (C2C). Wait a minute, I don't think that's possibie!

No one will every catch up with Arno and Jo-Anne! The only way we caught up with them was when they were slightly ahead of us on a street in Livorno, Italy!

In my opinion it is not possible to take too many cruises. Now, if someone out there thinks they have one two many booked, I'll go in your place. :-)

OOOooo yea! VERY GOOD!! I forgot about this one.:D And when your mad at hubby because he has one missing..:mad: (did he not realize how important it is to keep them)?:o :o

Archived