Help please with Cabin on Jewel

Have an option for 8162 and 8166 on the jewel....anybody stayed in them?

I am wondering how big the bathroom is, specifically the shower...is it the usual "phone booth" shower?

Also, I see on the RCCL site that 8162 has a partially obstructed view...any idea what this means? What is it obstructed by? Need to accept these cabins by Monday, so please help me out here!

Thanks

All the showers are pretty small--phone booth is a good description!

The obstruction is a window washing platform/ladder. It's not really that "obstructive"--after a few minutes, you will hardly notice it. It's not like a wall or anything--it's see-thru and not a big deal.

The only downside to these cabins is the LOOOOONG walk down the hallway!

It´s a tough choice as both cabins wouldn´t be my first choice.

Sizewise both are the same and the shower is the same as well.

I guess I would take 8162 as the window washer might be the less annoying thing than the very last of the side cabins which has the balcony as part of the hull. Anyway I would book one of the cabins and check frequently for others opening up and change to one more midship.

I second the comment about the LONG walk down that hallway. We were on the Serenade last month and were upgraded from our D1 ON THE HUMP to a JS that was third from the last cabin on the starboard side. True, it was nice having a suite with all that room and the larger bathroom, but it was a hike, and we were very mindful to not forget anything when we left the cabin.

There is no passenger stairway back there.....the one shown on the deck plans is for crew only.

Archived