Grand Romance Package

Hello,

Has anyone ordered the Romance Package offered by RCCL? I am wondering if it is worth the cost.

This package includes a bottle of chilled Veuve Clicquot champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival; a fresh bouquet of flowers in your stateroom; two of our signature 100% Turkish cotton terry robes; a tray of elegant canapés delivered before dinner and decadent petit fours after dinner on two formal evenings; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise; and a silver-framed, 8" x 10" keepsake portrait.

It is nice but I don't know if it is worth it. We got it because it was our anniversary. You can already have the breakfast in bed, we already get robes being a Diamond Member, I have lots of frames and we get coupons in our books for pictures. It is up to you and you have to decide if it is worth it for you. You can do an excursion or 2 for the price of the Romance Package.

Hi Rosie#1

I purchased this on Navigator in 2005, and thought it was worth the money, especially if you total the items up separately. You do make savings, considering the cost of Veuve Clicquot in the bars! The robes are brand new and so comfortable, as they haven't been through the laundry numerous times! The only problem was I hadn't thought about getting them in the suitcase to travel back to the UK they took up valuable space, but they are good quality as they are still in good condition 3 years later!

I can't remember if you got a free photo of your choice for the photo frame, but I know it made a great gift for the parents!

It's all personal taste, I just wanted to treat ourselves! I reckon I saved about £30 with the package after checking out the cost of the Veuve Clicquot!

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

We've done the regular romance package. The breakfast you get is not the same as room service. You get french toast, omlet, pastries, fruit, etc.. - it is way more than 2 of us could eat. You get a special voucher to hand to your head waiter the night before you want your breakfast. It is a nice package to have. Love the champagne for sail-away and the special goodies for the formal nights.

FYI: If you get the RCCL visa card, there is a introductory bonus of 10,000 points. After you have earned additional 5,000 points, you can cash in your 15,000 points for this package. ;) Remember, anything purchased on RCCL (including purchasing the cruise) are double points.

2. 15,000 Royal Points (choice of one)

• Onboard Grand Romance Package - This package includes a bottle of chilled Veuve Clicquot champagne upon arrival; a fresh bouquet

of flowers in your stateroom; two of our signature robes; a tray of elegant canapés delivered before dinner and decadent petit fours after

dinner on two formal evenings; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise; and a silver-framed, 8” x 10” keepsake portrait. ($250

USD value).

I ordered the Grand romance package for my DH on our first cruise last November and thought it was fantastic value and sooo indulgent. The Choc strawberries were delicious, the chanpange a real treat (especially as you can not usually get drink brought to your cabin), the robes were ideal for those times you just want to be comfy and lounge! Go for it, it´s a lovely lasting memory.

Me (the mom) and my sister (godmother) just ordered this for my son and his soon to be bride for their honeymoon cruise on Mariner in Sept. I think they will enjoy it. It is not something I would normally do, but want them to have special memories of this trip. DH and I also got them the room decorations and a bottle of wine. Rather than buy them gifts for the house for their shower present, we thought this would be a much nicer gift and something they will really enjoy while they are on their honeymoon.

Very memorable indeed!! Nothing like wearing your robe at home on a daily basis!! (altho I do, DH doesnt). His still looks new, mine looks like I love it just a little bit.

One of my fondest memories!! DH ordered it for us 2 cruises ago....Yes....very memorable!! GO FOR IT!

Ask about upgrading the robes, there are two types. One is a bit flimsy and thin and the other is thick and luxurious! I think it is $30.00 more but so worth it if you like to wear robes at home.

The ones part of our package were the thick ones, not the thiner cotton waffle fabric ones. when you mentioned that, I wondered if it varied from ship to ship but I doubt it. I never heard of them being the thin ones in the romance package.....maybe they've upgraded since you got yours?? I think DH did that package for us on Voyager in 06. In any event, they're great and a fun reminder of cruising.

We got married onboard the Mariner, so we had the breakfast in bed. It was a different menu from the traditional room service, though I'm not sure if it's the same as this package. Either way, we ordered a little bit of everything and enjoyed it thoroughly - not sure what the romance package costs though, so I'm not sure if it would really be worth it or not.

Archived