Are we the only ones out there on Nordic/Empress 5/9?

not going...but just wanted to tell you the Nordic Empress is awesome! We were on in January!!! It is an older ship and the passengers tended to be older than we like but the service was the best ever!! ENJOY!!! Give Goose, the cruise director a big hug from Todd in Raleigh!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Yes. You are the only ones on the ship, nobody else will be sailing...enjoy everything to yourselves.

Carnival Legend 2/03 ( had to cancel at last minute)
Carnival Pride 4/27/02
Sitmar Fairsea 4/ 1983 ( I was just a little kid!!)

Cruisin Girls,

My DW and I just got off the Nordic Empress on 3/27 on our first cruise. It was great!!!!! That is the first cruise after the renovation and I was told by our head waiter that we would not be able to recognize the ship once it is finished. I just got an e-mail from our waiter and he said they are all preparing for the drydock.

You will have a blast! I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Nordic Empress 3/2004

CRUISINGIRLS
My DH and I will be on the EMPRESS OF THE SEAS ON MAY 9TH. We were booked to go to BERMUDA the day after the hurricane hit in September. So we're trying again, hopefully things will go smoothly after dry dock and opening a new port. We are excited to see the changes. We are looking forward to seeing BERMUDA! It's been a long wait. JEANETTE AND GARY

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] I'll be there as well on the 9th. You will love the ship, staff, and crew. Can't be there without having a great time. And Bermuda is absolutely beautiful.

Joan

A Bad Day at Sea is SO MUCH BETTER Than a Good Day at Work!!
Nordic Empress:
8/98 - 5/99 - 6/99 - 9/99 - 10/99 - 11/99 (2 times)- 4/00 - 6/00 - 8/00 - 10/00 (2 times) - 4/01 - 8/01 (2 times)- 10/01 (2 times)- 11/01 (2 times), 1/02, 4/02, 5/02, 10/02 (2 times), 4/03, 10/03 (2 times), 1/04, 5/04 (2 times), 10/04
Enchantment - 7/03

Great!!! Glad to see that there ARE going to be others on our cruise!!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Joan-you have are such a veteran Nordic cruiser-what are the must do Bermuda excursions? Also, as first time cruisers, please let us know of any cruise etiquette that we should be aware of!!!

Thanks for your help!

CRUZING JOAN

YOU MUST REALLY LOVE NORDIC EMPRESS. I ENJOYED THE STAFF AND SMALL SHIP ATMOSPHERE. MY HUSBAND IS MORE A BIGGER SHIP LOVER. EACH HAS ADVANTAGES. ANY CRUISE ON ANY SHIP IS WONDERFUL. DID YOU GO ONLY TO BERMUDA, I ASK BECAUSE I KNOW NORDIC EMPRESS WAS DOING CARIBBEAN ALSO. I SEE YOU ARE FROM UPSTATE NY. MY HUSBAND SAYS WE ARE FROM UPSTATE NY MEANING UPSTATE FROM THE CITY. WE ARE ACTUALLY FROM CENTRAL NY. (NORTH OF SYRACUSE) WHERE ARE YOU FROM? I BET YOU'RE INTERESTED IN SEEING THE REFURBISHMENT OF NORDIC EMPRESS.

JEANETTE

• 4 weeks later...
We will also be on the 5/9 sailing! My husband & 2 sons (ages 18 & 20) will be with me. Can't wait to go!!!!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2003;7;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
days until we sail on the Volendam to Alaska!

love the Nordic Empress, and love Bermuda. If you like to snorkel, I can highly recommend Jesse James Cruises. they do a 3-stop snorkel trip that's a lot of fun, a good value, and the staff is great. They have an office at the back of the small alley directly across from the cruise ship terminal in Hamilton. Their website is, i think, jessejamescruises.bm?

Anyway if you go, say hello to Jimmy (the Captain) and his son Mark and Jill (Jimmy's wife) in the office. Tell them Mary from NYC with the two kids said hello. They've seen my kids grow up from 7 to 17!

Mary

BOS: 2004
QE2: 2003 & 1987
AOS: 2002
NE or SOA: 2003, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1986
Cunard Princess: 1989
Home Lines Atlantic: 1988
HAL Viendam: 1984
SS United States: 1968

until the Voyager of the Seas!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;8;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

The Empress is our favorite ship (in our profile). We're sailing her in September. However, we're also sailing the Voyager on May 21st and would like to know how the port and in particular, the parking is. Would you please report back on that when you give us a review on the NEW Empress? Thanks,

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress on 9/18/04

Deb154 and I are one the Empress on the 6/26 voyage. We sailed on her for our honeymoon and this will be our 4th in 5 years. For those of you that are leaving from the NY metro area you can't beat it due to the fact that you don't have to fly to get to the ship. We fell a bit more luck because we are less than a 30 minute drive to NYC (in the old days) and even to Bayonne. Anyway the small ship experience is a great thing. Hi Joan!

Archived