Group cruise....Carnival Freedom or Celebrity Century???

ufjamolei

We plan to marry in port on one of these cruises while sailing with a group of 20-30, ages ranging from 12-77, while we are 26 and 30. We have read so many reviews about both ships and just cant decide! Century is a 5 day to Jamaica and GC, while Freedom a 6 day to Key west, GC and Jamaica. We like the extra day that the freedom gives us, but it is also more expensive. We want a cruise that falls inbetween a wild spring break cruise and boring old crowd cruise. Has anyone been on both and have any good insight??? Thanks!

We plan to marry in port on one of these cruises while sailing with a group of 20-30, ages ranging from 12-77, while we are 26 and 30. We have read so many reviews about both ships and just cant decide! Century is a 5 day to Jamaica and GC, while Freedom a 6 day to Key west, GC and Jamaica. We like the extra day that the freedom gives us, but it is also more expensive. We want a cruise that falls inbetween a wild spring break cruise and boring old crowd cruise. Has anyone been on both and have any good insight??? Thanks!

I'm going on the Freedom in August and have heard excellent reviews. Even met a restaurant critic who was on that ship and loved it. If I were you, I'd choose the Freedom because it's newer. Although I was on the Century in 1996, and the ship has probably been refurbished since then, it's a bit older as you can see and is probably showing some wear and tear. I've seen both young and old on Carnival ships - it has something for all ages!

Laurie

Archived