Carry on luggage and lunch - Maasdam

martinimadam

I pulled out my daily programs from my sailing on the Maasdam 4/4/07. The dining room was closed until the dinner hours.

I now prefer to arrive on the ship after 1:15 p.m. By the time you complete processing, the rooms are ready and the Lido is fairly empty.

I pulled out my daily programs from my sailing on the Maasdam 4/4/07. The dining room was closed until the dinner hours.

I now prefer to arrive on the ship after 1:15 p.m. By the time you complete processing, the rooms are ready and the Lido is fairly empty.

How late do they serve Lido lunch on Embarkation day? (And at what time do they run out of bread pudding? :) ).

How late do they serve Lido lunch on Embarkation day? (And at what time do they run out of bread pudding? :) ).

Bread pudding is the only reason I complain about port intensive cruises. I am drooling just thinking about it.

IIRC, they're still serving lunch when it's time to head off for lifeboat drill. Burgers are almost always available, too.

Sorry, can't help with the bread pudding question. ;)

My husband and I just grab a table by the pool and he sits with the luggage while I get a tray of food. When I return he goes and gets his food. It's a simple solution which suits us just fine. Locked or not, I do not like to part with my carry-on luggage with my valuables inside.

We do the same thing as you and DH. Not that big a deal.

I agree with you and Sail, we keep our valuables and "real" necessesities in our carry ons and like to keep them with us.

I look at it this way...... If we didn't REALLY need or REALLY value it, it would have been packed in the checked luggage. If I cannot manage without it or would be tearing upset to lose it, it is my responsibility to safeguard it. We Need those medications. Can't risk losing them. As to valuables, I know if we treasure it so much, we should leave it home but every once in a while I REALLY want a certain something with me and I bring it.

I look at it this way...... If we didn't REALLY need or REALLY value it, it would have been packed in the checked luggage. If I cannot manage without it or would be tearing upset to lose it, it is my responsibility to safeguard it. We Need those medications. Can't risk losing them. As to valuables, I know if we treasure it so much, we should leave it home but every once in a while I REALLY want a certain something with me and I bring it.

I agree 100%

So what do you suggest that a woman boarding alone, with a carry-on full of things she doesn't want to lose, before the cabins are available, and without the availability of the Neptune Lounge, do with her things while she gets her lunch?

It's not physically possible to drag that carry-on while maneuvering a lunch tray and wrestling with a purse.

So what do you suggest that a woman boarding alone, with a carry-on full of things she doesn't want to lose, before the cabins are available, and without the availability of the Neptune Lounge, do with her things while she gets her lunch?

It's not physically possible to drag that carry-on while maneuvering a lunch tray and wrestling with a purse.

Aren't there stewards available to help passengers carry trays to the tables? I am sure if she would just ask someone for help, there would be no problem. HAL Staff are very helpful!! :)

Ruth...... I fully understand. I do. My only suggestion is to request the assistance of a steward.

Either that or bring me with you and I'll look out for your bag while you get your lunch. :)

I'm not making light of the situation. I wish there were good and easy answers.

Ruth...... I fully understand. I do. My only suggestion is to request the assistance of a steward.

Unfortunately, they're not as available as they used to be. That's especially true on embarkation day. Last cruise the only time I had help with my tray was the days I was using my cane. Truthfully, that was the only time it was necessary, and I was appreciative.

Either that or bring me with you and I'll look out for your bag while you get your lunch. :)

K! :D That'll work!

Archived