Honest Opinions please

Gingee

I had to go back and look at the picture again... Yes, I can see that dress as a size 5 although that is quite an unusual find, that is, to find a size in a odd number.

Actually a perfect size for me would be 3 but only once have a found a size 3, my choices are usually a 2 (which is to small ) or a 4(which is to big!)

BTW if you ar looking for a strapless bras my very favorites come from VS.

Well I pulled it up today by pulling the straps up. I couldn't get up too far because then it was tight under the arms with all that beading - it kind of hurt. Husband says he thinks it looks fine with the necklace. Umm I wore a bigger necklace in the original picture. Real observant - huh?

learned this on $400.00 a yard pearl encrusted fabric....As in sewn seams etc...you dont cut the threads, ie:raveling and loosing beads....you take a hammer, yes, a regular hammer..cover the flat head part(pc of hosiery)and break the beads in question.as in "bust" them away from the threads..it is the same color of the dress, so thread will blend in, no cut ends...and underarm so it wouldnt show anyway. you might put some masking tape over the area you wish to leave. try a few obscure beads first, if this scares you!..good luck, lucky

I think I mislead you, I am not that tiny. I wear 2 and 4's which I purchase in the womens section, not the Jr's. Usually I do buy my jeans in the Jr dept because it is often hard to find a size two otherwise.

I do think though that a jr dress or gown is constructed differently, it is made for a young girl, a bit different than an adults fully developed shape. I find that generally in the rib section they are much more narrow and I think like you found around the arms the opening is higher and narrow as well. A good example of this is in the womens dept I will by a sweater in a small, in the Jr I buy a large. It is however a nice option to be able to shop in both departments, isnt it?

Talk about different sizes. Today I was in Dress Barn and found a dress clearanced for $20 so I had to buy it. Anyway, it is a casual dress but I bought this one in a four. Sometimes I think Dress Barn has clothes made a little bigger. Anyway it is nice to buy in a size 4. You don't find that size very often.

Wear it, and you will be the belle of the ball!

The ONLY improvement I could see is to pair it with a really kicky purse; e.g., one of those purses from the 1950/60's that looks like a rolled-up magazine or one that looks like a Chinese food container. Okay, I am a purse nut - probably because my feet are too small ( 4.5 NARROW) to be a shoe nut.

Gingee...be careful with thoes shoes. I have a pair like you described that I just love, but I dont bring them on a cruise. If your feet swell just a tiny bit you will not be able to fit into them as the clear part of the shoe does not budge at all.

Archived