Camp Carnival question

cruzfrk

They are very strict with the age groups. You can have your oldest go down to the younger group but not the opposite....and you will find that the oldest truly will be bored at the younger level. In the past I worried about my 2 girls not being together - they are less than 2 years apart (some years..their birth dates worked out where they were together and other years not so - like this summer). But, they meet friends and have a great time. Don't miss the first night of orientation...they are sure to meet other friends at that time.

They are strict. My DD10 thinks she ought to take her clubbing clothes with her so she can go to the club. I don't know what clothes she has that she thinks are clubbing clothes. Anyway, I explained that she wasn't going to be old enough for the club. She thinks that if she stuffs her bra and wears platform shoes they will let her in. She will either like the group she is in or she can hang out with me. I am sure she will pick the group though because I'm not cool.

LOL. Thanks for the info. I'm sure DD will have a great time just worried DS will be bored with the younger ones. Do they have a way to check their ages? Not that I like lying but I know DS will not want to stay if he is in there with the little ones and without sister.

Camp Carnival really is wonderful. Our tablemates were so afraid their son, 5, would not stay there without one of his parents. We were traveling with our nephew, 5 at the time, and he adored Camp Carnival. It turned out, our tablemate's son also adored Camp Carnival and didn't want to be picked up by his parents. He would have preferred to stay at camp all the time they were open. I think your children will enjoy being with other children their age. My nephew is now 10 and we are taking him on another cruise in 24 days. He's already excited about going to Camp Carnival!!!

I work for Carnival Cruise Lines in the Spa as the Acupuncturist (signing on the Freedom in late August). My Fiancée works for Camp Carnival and I have to say they have very specific rules about child age and so on. They really work on creating a very safe and fun atmosphere for children so they get the most out of their vacation too!

Now, I've heard that the Carnival Splendor has a new expanded Camp Carnival with twice the spa and a lot more activities. It might be worth checking out!

Archived