Wine & Dine?

I saw the wine and dine program and was thinking about ordering it for my upcoming cruise.

I have a few questions for you wine and dine experts.

It shows several different types of wine to choose from.

Can you order a different wine every night?

When do you order what kind you want? On line it only shows 5 bottle wine and dine but nowhere to chose the types.

If you are going to eat at chops can you have 1 of the bottles sent there?

Sorry for all the question but I'm not sure of how it works.

I saw the wine and dine program and was thinking about ordering it for my upcoming cruise.

I have a few questions for you wine and dine experts.

It shows several different types of wine to choose from.

Can you order a different wine every night?

When do you order what kind you want? On line it only shows 5 bottle wine and dine but nowhere to chose the types.

If you are going to eat at chops can you have 1 of the bottles sent there?

Sorry for all the question but I'm not sure of how it works.

actually it does show the menu for the package you choose, just let your waiter know you have purchased the wine & dine and they'll place a sticker on your seapass card. you may also order a bottle of wine from the pkg menu in the special restaurant or windjammer and any wine you do not finish you may take back to your stateroom or they will hold it for the next evening

Is this package less expensive that ordering a bottle each night? Also, is it available on a 4 night cruise?

User woof22 did an extensive analysis of the packages showing where the savings were best. You can find it here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=81640&d=1213060026

I hope he doesn't mind my sharing (with credit) the link to the analysis he shared. If he does, my apologies...

wow

That's a lot of research. Many thanks. I do assume the saving you wrote about is per bottle? 5 bottles in 4 nights, I'm not sure we would drink that much.

Yes, it's per bottle.

So, if I order the 5 bottle package, may I get 5 bottles of the same brand? For example, can I order 5 bottles of the Cordoniu Classico with the Diamond Package?

Is there a chance they won't have it on board?

Do I have to drink it at dinner, or may I have it sent to my stateroom prior to dinner?

Can I order the package once I get onboard, or does the price increase?

Thank you for your patience and answers:) !!!

You can order when you get on the ship. Hopefully, they will know if they are out of some wine. It doesn't matter if you want to order 5 bottles of the same wine as long as it's in the package you choose.

My brother-in-law and I are the only ones in our family to drink wine. Every night we order some kind of wine and share it. If you don't finish it, as mentioned above, you can either take it with you or save it for the next night. Somehow, there isn't anything left to take, lol.

Enjoy your package.

The price to order onboard is the same as ordering online. They won't know if a particular wine is out of stock until you order it - even if they have it at the beginning of the cruise, if it's popular enough I suppose they could run out.

We have been able to order for the cabin (on the Jewel), but I don't know if you can do it on every ship.

If you can't drink all that wine, then just order by the bottle. Even though you won't realize the savings, you will have a much larger selection. You can see the full wine list here

Thank you Katiel53! Can I have a bottle sent to my room...or is it ONLY for the dinning room????? Can I order a bottle at one of the bars?

Sorry for so many questions, but all of your information is sooooo helpful!:)

No problem with lots of questions. That's how we all learn, lol. I know I have read that because it is called "wine & dine" that the wine can only be ordered in the dining room, specialty restaurant or in the Windjammer. That information comes from the RCCL website. If you are thinking about ordering wine for your cabin, you can do that in advance if you would like to. I am not sure if you can buy a bottle of wine at a bar. I think you can get it from room service, but not as part of the wine & dine. Perhaps someone else will know the answer to those questions.

We have ordered wine in advance so it was in our cabin when we arrived. We were also told that wine sent to the cabin can not be taken to the dining room. We used to do that, but last cruise we were told we had to get permission from the Maitre d' and he told us we could that time but not in the future. I don't know if the policies are consistent on all the ships.

Enjoy.

using a C&A coupon on our April 2008 Majesty cruise. We had a bottle of Asti sent to the room for sailaway and had one of the bottles one evening in the dining room. We just told them when we ordered the 2 bottles that we wanted the Asti in our room at 3:00pm and it was there with champagne glasses.

Several times, we've ordered a second bottle (from our wine and dine package) and returned with it to our stateroom. We intended to have a night cap, but usually it ended up being cocktails for the next evening.

It's all the same. On the Wine Cellar list, they used to only add $1.95 to the base price, but now they add the full 15% gratuity that you pay onboard (although the cynic in me says that the crew never see that extra amount). Also, you may have to pay tax on a bottle that you buy before you leave port, if you're in the U.S., anyway. Not sure about that one.

We got a punch card the first night of the cruise. Then we ordered one bottle at a time. We were able to use our card in the dining room (for lunch as well as dinner -- we didn't do this, but some lunch tablemates did -- they finished their saved bottle from the night before and ordered a new one), from room service, and I believe we could have gotten one at the Windjammer (we were on Grandeur, which is a smaller ship ... on a larger ship, there may have been other places to get a bottle.) The server would punch the card and notate the type we ordered (3 digit stock number). The wine package menu was readily available anywhere to look at and decide.

Archived