How's my itinerary?

patterbones

I know tour's are subjective but just want your opinion if I'm missing out on anything in particular:

Day 1, 2 Vancouver-see sights: Stanley Park, Granville Island, Chinatown, Bard on the Beach, Lynn Canyon Suspension bridge etc

Day 3 Board Island Princess

Day 4 at sea

Day 5 Ketchican Misty Fjords float plane flight,Lumberjack show leave port 2:00 pm

Day 6 Juneau Whale watch Harv & Marv 9:30 drop off at Mendenhall Glacier hike small trail. Taxi to Rainforest Gardens, bus back to port Have a beer at local bar

Day 7 Skagway AVIS pick-up car. See city 1rst, watch parade (July 4)-drive to Yukon Territory, Emerald Lake see sights on way graveyard, Glacier Gardens Cinnamon Cache (lol) Return to port

Day 8 Icy Strait (scenic cruising)

Day 9 College Glacier (scenic cruising)

Day 10 Disembark at Whittier Princess direct to Denali; Cabin Night Fever dinner theatre

Day 11 Tundra Wilderness Tour, Jeff King Husky tour

Day 12 Morning at leisure bus/train to Princess McKinley Lodge

Day 13 Day at Leisure possible McKinley flight

Day 14 Train to Anchorage shuttle early to see Talkeetna prior to train night in Anchorage

Day 15 pick up Avis car and drive Turngain Arm to Seward see sights on way 3:00 NP tour Renown

Day 16 Sealife center in AM drive back to Anchorage either stop in Girdwood or get back to Anchorage to see Cultural center prior to 7:00 pm flight

WOw that's alot of typing! leave in 2 days so excited...any thoughts?:o

From recent experience

If there are a lot of ships in port in Juneau, forget getting into a "local bar" for a drink in the afternoon!

After 10 hours on the train from Whittier, we really weren't in the mood for dinner theater. We went through a realy hassle trying to cancel our pre-paid booking, but finally got a credit, and had a wonderful dinner across the road at the Salmon Bake (where we also had breakfast the next a.m.)

Ketchikan - Is your Misty Fjords flight at 8 a.m.? Try to squeeze an early a.m. walk over to Creek Street. Great light and few crowds at that time of day.

What - you only cruise Icy Straight Point?? It is wonderful when a ship stops there.

Ketchikan - Creek Street - great!! Look for Dolly's House.

Juneau - we have never had problems regardless of how many ships are in port stopping at the Red Dog Saloon for a drink at the bar.

thanks for the replies...keep'em coming!

yes we do not go to Icy Strait Point--it's Glacier bay & thanks Robin's egg that is true--I haven't booked that so I will wait and see. The tour messed us up b/c they put the Husky tour on the same day as the TWT--I know long, long day! We won't be back in time for the Cabin Night that night. My Island Wings is 8am but I don't know about walking Creek Street first....hmmm

Hi again.

You won't die if you don't see Creek Street, and I'd avoid it when there are tons of people there. Before 8 might be a tad too early! If it's not far (and I don't think it is) from where the lumberjack show is, you might check it out before or after.

Have a great trip. I see you live by the ***** "don't waste a minute of this trip"!

Archived