Milk on board

mma3

Yes...available at all times.(even w/ room service)

Well, sort of... always available with room service and at breakfast.... but any other time at the buffet you do have to ask for it. It is not put out. I say such for the ship that use the cartons… for the ships that have the dispenser, it is always available.

Just fyi, I have yet to see whole milk, it’s always 2%, skim and low fat chocolate. In the dining room you do order it, comes by the glass and it does often take a while to get it.

Room service, the milk is always in a carton no matter how it is available in the buffet. On the ships that have a fridge in the cabin I will stash a couple of cartons so I have some right there when I want it.

Yeah, I like the cow juice… and Kailua mixes with it well too! (How I manage to get the Kailua into the cabin is for a different thread!)

As said before, it's readily available on the lido deck resturants in cartons and in glasses for dinner. At lunch on the lido I had to ask for a carton at the dessert station. Just had to wait until the stopped slicing cake:)

As said before, it's readily available on the lido deck resturants in cartons and in glasses for dinner. At lunch on the lido I had to ask for a carton at the dessert station. Just had to wait until the stopped slicing cake:)

I've noticed on several cruises, that towards the end of the week we've ended up with some sour milk out of the cartons, as they get closer towards their expiration date.

I've noticed on several cruises, that towards the end of the week we've ended up with some sour milk out of the cartons, as they get closer towards their expiration date.

Found that too, once or twice -- even though the expiry dates were still OK. Nothing worse that a mouthful of sour milk. I always give it the "sniff test" first now.

I drink a lot of milk too -- I don't think I was ever weaned! Outside of breakfast hours, I've always been able to get milk at the Lido whenever I've asked. On some ships, they store milk in the coolers below the outer serving / beverage stations, and several times I was told I could just help myself.

We are traveling with my three year old neice who only drinks milk. Is milk available throughout the day?

WOW, they must be RICH! :D

When my kids were still at home we would go through 3-4 gallons a week and everytime I purchase it now, I am glad they are out of the house buying their own!

The Lido did have it all the time but a couple times DH said it wasn't too cold so I stayed away, I can't drink it unless it's really cold.

Yes it is. A word of warning regarding the small container milk (like served at breakfast buffet)...before you DRINK it, SMELL it. My DH ordered some milk and cookies one night from room service and didn't notice they were spoiled until after he had downed one. It's completely understandable how that could happen, considering they sit out on the buffet, inspite of their effort to keep them on ice. Just beware. ;)

Archived