Concierge Class

vacationhappy

Some of the items you might find of value and some not. There are numerous threads on this if you do a search.

We personally like CC and usually pay about 250 extra total for the pleasures. As they add more and more CC staterooms the benefits of early embarkation and return lines get longer and longer. On the Century class ships the rooms are the same size at the Cat 2's but are a little larger on other ships.

The afternoon canapes are hit and miss and you can request a cheese and cracker tray in place of them, we even got shrimp twice on an 11 day cruise. The towels are a little nicer but since most of the linens have been upgraded I dont know if everyone gets those now.

We were invited to several "events" some were worth it others not so much, you do get extra cruise credit for a CC room if that interests you.

All in all it's a personal choice. Right now on our Hawaii cruise the CC rooms are the same price as other balcony rooms, location of the rooms are also consideration on Mercury and Galaxy CC rooms on Sky deck are the best. Not sure what they are like on Solstice though.

Sorry for rambling on but again its a decision you have to make based on the list of items on the website. We do enjoy it, however.

We had a CC cabin on our last sailing, for about $100 each extra. I wouldn't pay any more than that because the amenities weren't worth that much to us.

We did enjoy the bottle of sparkling wine on embarkation, and swapped cheese & crackers for the canapes every day (I'm allergic to shellfish). The bathrobes were certainly nicer, we tried a bunch of pillows, and it was a treat to have some flowers around. But we were most looking forward to using the larger balcony for breakfast, and we had very poor weather so only ate out there once in 12 days. Would we do it again? For a Caribbean or mid-summer Med cruise, maybe. But not for $400.

We had a CC cabin on our last sailing, for about $100 each extra. I wouldn't pay any more than that because the amenities weren't worth that much to us.

We did enjoy the bottle of sparkling wine on embarkation, and swapped cheese & crackers for the canapes every day (I'm allergic to shellfish). The bathrobes were certainly nicer, we tried a bunch of pillows, and it was a treat to have some flowers around. But we were most looking forward to using the larger balcony for breakfast, and we had very poor weather so only ate out there once in 12 days. Would we do it again? For a Caribbean or mid-summer Med cruise, maybe. But not for $400.

That larger balcony only happens in some cabins.

So were the canapes mostly 'fish' or shrimp? My DH won't eat anything that comes from the sea, so will we be stuck with cheese and crackers every day? Who do we talk to about this once we board to should we talk to our TA about it?

Thanks!

Bev

Hi -

We are new to Celebrity and we are booking a Med cruise on the Solstice. Concierge rooms are about $400 more per room...in your opinion is it worth it?

Hi I´m also new at Celebrity and I also have the same question but for 700 dolars and I open a thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=789029

And I get to the conclusion that the only extras I will really like will be the extra space in the veranda and in the room, because really, you will pay 400 dolars for flowers, towels more nicers, for events you will maybe not go and to don't wait so long to enter the ship and receive faster the baggages. And here I have the solution

flowers- You will see it all over the cruise, or you can buy it

towels- still you are going to get towel that are not bad

events- you will be occupied having fun

baggages- just have a little bit of patience.

So if I will be you I will better save the 400 dolars for excursions, they cost like 80 dolars per person in each port.;)

I hope it help:D

I am not sure what comparisons people are making. You cannot compare CC with inside or ocean view. You need to compare to balcony cabins. I have never seen a difference of $700 but I guess it is possible. Note that CC cabins on Millie class ships are larger but not on Solstice class. I always book aft balcony CC on Millie class ships and the balcony alone is worth the price.

We tried CC a couple times, nothing to write home about. Priorty baggage didn't happen, afternoon canapies were not very good. Breakfast was good, but arrived cold. Unless your not paying much additional for the category or your really getting a larger cabin/balcony than a regular balcony, not worth it in my opinion.

I am not sure what comparisons people are making. You cannot compare CC with inside or ocean view. You need to compare to balcony cabins. I have never seen a difference of $700 but I guess it is possible. Note that CC cabins on Millie class ships are larger but not on Solstice class. I always book aft balcony CC on Millie class ships and the balcony alone is worth the price.

I do believe that ($700) was the amount that would be for the whole cabin...3 people. She was quoting others who had answered her. Our CC cabin was only $50 more pp, because of a special on Cruise Air only for CC...but shortly after all balcony classes airfare were lowered to same amt. Then for a while CC though was cheaper than 2a 2b & 2c !! Now there is no air available so can't compare!!! Prices change drastically

For me it depends on the ship.

On Galaxy, we were on the 12th deck which is mostly suites. The service was fantastic, and we asked for other things then the regular canapes. Talk to your cabin steward about this. We felt so special.

On Century our cc room was just a room( again an upper deck.) The steward was surly and no good service.

Our room smelled of mold, as it was in the bow. It was one of the worst cruises I have every been on. It soured us on Century forever.

So I guess it is a crap shoot.

If you are on a deck that mostly houses suites, I would book CC. But other wise no, at least for me.

Well the comparasion I'm making is that in a room with balcony 2A cost 700 dolars less than a CC. And well the cruise I'm is the expensiest cruise of infinity avalible.

The CC rooms on the M-class ships are 21 square feet larger than a regular balcony rooms. That alone makes a big difference. The better bedding, pillows, towels and robes are wonderful. The sparkling wine, fruit bowl, flowers in the room and bud vase with a rose in the bathroom are also very nice. The canapes were okay, but you can ask for shrimp cocktails every evening instead. The priorty baggage delivery and priorty tendering is also a very nice perk. For me though, the best about CC is the room service menu. I love having breakfast in my room so that I can get ready at my leisure. Not only is there a wide variety of items, my breakfast was always on time and nice and hot with each delivery. When I first booked my last cruise, the CC's were the normal $300 pp more, but within a couple of months they had come down to only being $30 pp more. And, I, too have seen the 2A's, 2B's, priced higher than the CC's before. I say if you don't have a specific area that you want onboard, book the 2A and keep a good eye out for the CC's to go down, then upgrade.

Hi -

We are new to Celebrity and we are booking a Med cruise on the Solstice. Concierge rooms are about $400 more per room...in your opinion is it worth it?

We will only do Concierge (unless we choose Aqua) it is the combination of amenities that we like. We like the express check in line. We like the express luggage delivery, the upgraded towels, the flowers, my DH loves the fresh fruit every day, he eats bunches of it. The afternoon hors d'oeuvres are shrimp, salmon, ham and cheese, pate? Not all from the sea. We usually get these for about 1/2 the week and then switch to cheese and crackers, We have also been given shrimp cocktail. Perhaps you could request a combo, with no shrimp? Your room steward will be VERY accommodating! We like the double credits you get when sailing CC for the cruise, helps up move up faster in the Captains Club levels - if you care.

It is a step up in treatment and amenities and we really like it. We end up spending money on so many extras while on the cruise we feel that this is one that we know we will really enjoy. We cannot afford a suite, probably never will, but we can afford this, so we go for it every time. We have never regretted it.

Whatever you decided - enjoy your cruise!

I have a quick question for all you professional CC'er's. (this is our first time on celebrity and we will be in a cc room) If it states that the room can accommodate 4, does that mean there will be a pull down? Or does it mean that 2 people will share the sofa bed?

oh is there a coffee machine in the room?

I have a quick question for all you professional CC'er's. (this is our first time on celebrity and we will be in a cc room) If it states that the room can accommodate 4, does that mean there will be a pull down? Or does it mean that 2 people will share the sofa bed?

I've never heard of a pulldown in a CC, I'm thinking 2 share the sofabed because in the CC's there's an actual couch whereas in the regular veranda rooms it's more the size of a love seat. ;)

We will only do Concierge (unless we choose Aqua) it is the combination of amenities that we like. We like the express check in line. We like the express luggage delivery, the upgraded towels, the flowers, my DH loves the fresh fruit every day, he eats bunches of it. The afternoon hors d'oeuvres are shrimp, salmon, ham and cheese, pate? Not all from the sea. We usually get these for about 1/2 the week and then switch to cheese and crackers, We have also been given shrimp cocktail. Perhaps you could request a combo, with no shrimp? Your room steward will be VERY accommodating! We like the double credits you get when sailing CC for the cruise, helps up move up faster in the Captains Club levels - if you care.

It is a step up in treatment and amenities and we really like it. We end up spending money on so many extras while on the cruise we feel that this is one that we know we will really enjoy. We cannot afford a suite, probably never will, but we can afford this, so we go for it every time. We have never regretted it.

Whatever you decided - enjoy your cruise!

Our family just returned from the European cruise on the Summit and my wife and I had the CC cabin. I echo these comments completely. While anyone of these amenities seems small for the price, it is the combination of them, plus the extra invitations that made it worthwhile. Also, I may be imagining things, but it just seemed that we had a touch higher level of service and attention whenever I showed the CC level Seapass. May be my imagination, but in any case, it was an excellent room, excellent service and we loved all the extra touches.

Celebrity does not have coffee machines in the room on their current ships and coffee makers are not allowed. You can get coffee from room service - Usually we it comes in a thermal pot.

What not to Pack

For the safety of our guests, the following items are not allowed onboard:

• Irons / Steamers

• Candles

• Illegal drugs

• Coffee makers

• Electrical Transformers

• Flammable liquids and explosives, such as fireworks.

As far as the rooms go on the Solstice - until the first sailing we only have what info Celebrity has released - it looks like there is no difference in size between a concierge class and a regular verandah but with concierge class you get extra amenities (indulgences):

Concierge Class

Stateroom: 194 sq. ft.

Veranda: 54 sq. ft.

Features:• Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

• Sitting area with sofa

• Two beds convertible to queen-size

• Vanity

• 32" LCD TV

• Wireless internet access*

• Veranda

• Some staterooms may have a trundle bed

* For a nominal fee

Concierge Class Indulgences:

• Welcome champagne

• Daily fruit selection

• Fresh-cut flowers

• Daily hors d'oeuvres

• Pillow Menu - Conformance, Body,Goose, and Isotonic®

• Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

• Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote bag

• Frette bathrobes

• Hansgrohe® showerhead

• VIP invitations to events

• Early embarkation and debarkation

• Early embarkation and debarkation

• Dining and seating preference

• Preference on shore excursions

• Express luggage delivery

• Shoeshine service

Deluxe Ocean View W/ Veranda

Stateroom: 194 sq. ft.

Veranda: 54 sq. ft.

Features:• Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

• Two beds convertible to queen-size

• Sitting area with sofa

• Vanity

• 32" LCD TV

• Wireless internet access*

• Veranda

• Some staterooms may have a trundle bed

* For a nominal fee

We just booked on the Solstice and you can choose between 2 different quads - one with a pull down and one with a trundle bed.

How do I know which one I have? I do know that in the deck plan my room has a square symbol which means a sofa bed. Does that mean no pullman? Does that mean my DH and I have to give up that yummy bed so the kids can sleep in twin beds and we will have to share the sofa bed:confused:

How do I know which one I have? I do know that in the deck plan my room has a square symbol which means a sofa bed. Does that mean no pullman? Does that mean my DH and I have to give up that yummy bed so the kids can sleep in twin beds and we will have to share the sofa bed:confused:

Sorry for before, I didn't realize you were on the Solstice.

But, as to your current question, I don't know how old your kids are but I would make them sleep on the sofabed and mine are 22 and 18, brother and sister.....lol! I wouldn't give up that bed for anything! :eek: But, that's just me with my bad back. :D

Sorry for before, I didn't realize you were on the Solstice.

But, as to your current question, I don't know how old your kids are but I would make them sleep on the sofabed and mine are 22 and 18, brother and sister.....lol! I wouldn't give up that bed for anything! :eek: But, that's just me with my bad back. :D

unfortunately mine is a bit different situation. Right now I am booked for DH myself and 14 yr old son. We may have a 10 or 11 yr old girl with us. (if we are matched with one from foster care) NO problem if we don't get matched before then but if we do, It looks like we will have to give up our lovely bed:(

unfortunately mine is a bit different situation. Right now I am booked for DH myself and 14 yr old son. We may have a 10 or 11 yr old girl with us. (if we are matched with one from foster care) NO problem if we don't get matched before then but if we do, It looks like we will have to give up our lovely bed:(

Yes, that would be a little improper then I guess. But, congratulations for taking on such a big responsiblity and I hope it works out for you! :) I'm not sure about Solstice, but I do know that certain rooms can fit a cot or rollaway type bed. Maybe that might be an option???

Archived