Balcony Guarantee?

You never know what you will end up with, some end up with a Cat.8a so no upgrades and others a Cat.8e or even a suite. If you dont care where you will end up then the Guarantee is the way to go but it you are going to complain later just book a specific cabin, in the long run you are better off planning a specific cabin.

Fred

We look to book aft balconies, but if none are available we book 8a gty.

Have always got an 8c or better, not that it matters. All cat.8's are the same and they're all good. At least all of ours have been fine.

Dan

I'd like to hear some of your experiences with what kind of cabin and what deck you are usually assigned with a balcony guarantee? I would assume you get the least desired balcony cabins that are left over?

Thanks - this board has helped me so much!

Booked an 8A on Miracle, recieved an 8D

Last cruise, we booked BL. After two OBC's we were were offered an 8C aft and grabbed it up! Liked it so much, we booked way ahead to get a similar cabin for our next cruise!(with the added cost, of course!);)

We booked 8A balcony guarantee and got 8I with an extended balcony.... Midship... and we are thrilled!

Same here. We did our first guaranteed balcony on the Carnival Miracle and got an 8I extended balcony. It was AWESOME!

We booked an 8A and got an 8A lol. But the other couple we were with booked an inside guarantee and got moved up to our floor...not sure if that was why we didn't move up. Either way if you wont be happy with the 8A then book a specific cabin. I'll take any balcony I can get!

We booked an 8A and got an 8A lol. But the other couple we were with booked an inside guarantee and got moved up to our floor...not sure if that was why we didn't move up. Either way if you wont be happy with the 8A then book a specific cabin. I'll take any balcony I can get!
I don't know for sure but it seems that if you have your dining linked, some of the lines will try to keep you close together.

On Princess there was another couple with us and we both took guarantees. Ended up with balconies side by side.

Charlie

With the specials on Carnival now (codes P1S & DP3) yu can get a balcony for a decent price ($1,079) and get a two to four deck upgrade.

I tried these codes and neither one is working. I did try BCA and it gave me a 2 cat upgrade. Booked an oceanview and got a 7A on the Pride

I don't know for sure but it seems that if you have your dining linked, some of the lines will try to keep you close together.

On Princess there was another couple with us and we both took guarantees. Ended up with balconies side by side.

Charlie

I'm sure that is probably what happened. They got a nice upgrade and we stayed put. We were just happy to be on the same floor.

I wonder what will happen with us?? We are booked wih a group of 17(8 Cabins), that 17 is within a larger group of about 150 people. When we have booked guarantee before we have always ended up with at least a 2 cat. upgrade. It will be interesting to see what happens with all of us. We are booked for a 8A balcony, Dec. 7th on the Triumph. Does how early you book affect what kind of upgrade you get?, we booked this cruise 14 months in advance. I just have always figured like someone else mentioned earlier that the guarantees get the cabins that aren't specifically booked or what is leftover after cabins are assigned. I usually like to choose the cabin when I can but this was such a great price that we couldn't turn it down and from the prices I see you guys mentioning in this thread it really was a great deal, so we will be happy with whatever balcony we end up with!

Some people focus on the quality of food available on a cruise.

Others put a lot of stock in entertainment, itineraries, gambling, or onboard activities.

If you are a person who is annoyed by deck chairs being moved on the deck or music blaring overhead, noise in the hallway near an elevator, or desire absolute quiet and solitude while in your cabin, don't book a guarantee. Book a cabin that is isolated from the lido deck, dining rooms, stairwells. That way only your neighbors will be traversing your hallway.

None of those things bother me, thus I have booked a balcony guarantee on each of my 3 cruises. I have in each case been placed on the Verandah deck (Deck 8 on Triumph and Liberty, Deck 7 on the Pride). I have in each case been very close to a stairwell/elevator. There is some noise outside, but I enjoy the accessibility to jaunt up to the lido or down to the dining room or promenade deck.

If all you want is a room with a balcony, the only thing you have to lose by booking a guarantee is the opportunity to spend more money.

Nil.

Obstructed balconies are 7A. If you book a Category 8 Balcony Guarantee you will not get an obstructed view.

You answered my question. All I know is that our TA told us we were in an 8A on the Liberty. I have not idea what room and won't until 21 days before sailing according to the TA. I was worried about an obstruction but you cleared that up for me. I am assuming that 8A will be a nice location. I am not real concerned about noise. I have no trouble sleeping.

Nil.

Obstructed balconies are 7A. If you book a Category 8 Balcony Guarantee you will not get an obstructed view.

Thanks for the input. We just got off the Miracle, where I booked a Category 8 Guarantee but was fortunate to get a Category 8F. But it was my first time doing a Guarantee so if there was a chance to get obstructed, I was not going to take my chances again.

Spirt class ships have an obstructed balcony (7A)

yes a 7A can be included as a BL guarantee. you would want to book at least an 8A guarantee--which costs more then a BL guarantee.

Very rare do people get a 7A for a BL guarantee-- but reading the cabin selection board you will see that it does happen.

Looking at the carnival website-- the 7As are located under the balcony choices not the oceanview choices.

Other class of ships---there are no obstruction but you take the chance of being placed in an undesirable location

Archived