Balcony Guarantee?

I'd like to hear some of your experiences with what kind of cabin and what deck you are usually assigned with a balcony guarantee? I would assume you get the least desired balcony cabins that are left over?

Thanks - this board has helped me so much!

Actually, the first time we did balcony guarantee we ended up with a mini-suite on Empress deck on the Conquest. The second time we had a balcony on the Lido deck, and loved it, great location close to pools and food. We used a Travel agent don't know if that makes a difference from PVP. Plan on doing a balcony guarantee again next year any balcony would be a great room.

I wonder what will happen with us?? We are booked wih a group of 17(8 Cabins), that 17 is within a larger group of about 150 people. When we have booked guarantee before we have always ended up with at least a 2 cat. upgrade. It will be interesting to see what happens with all of us. We are booked for a 8A balcony, Dec. 7th on the Triumph. Does how early you book affect what kind of upgrade you get?, we booked this cruise 14 months in advance. I just have always figured like someone else mentioned earlier that the guarantees get the cabins that aren't specifically booked or what is leftover after cabins are assigned. I usually like to choose the cabin when I can but this was such a great price that we couldn't turn it down and from the prices I see you guys mentioning in this thread it really was a great deal, so we will be happy with whatever balcony we end up with!

I came here to ask the same question, especially since I am in your sailing group!

I remember when we booked back in 2002 we booked an 8A gty and ended up with an 8C. Personally I would imagine they will try to keep us together mostly, which could either be a good thing or a bad thing for upgrades. no matter what though, I will be happy with an 8A if that is what we end up with. I mean that is what we paid for! lol

Common sense tells me that availability in my stateroom type (inside, outside, balcony, etc.) would play a role. I wonder though if Carnival looks at any other factors such as how many times you have cruised with them before. Anyone know the answer to this??

When we have booked with just 4 or 5 cabins we have ended up together, when we booked with a larger group, an actual group booking, some of us have been together and some have been on the same deck but on the opposite side of the ship. Hopefully we will get to at least be in the same hallway, but we will be so excited to be on board we won't care!

Common sense tells me that availability in my stateroom type (inside, outside, balcony, etc.) would play a role. I wonder though if Carnival looks at any other factors such as how many times you have cruised with them before. Anyone know the answer to this??

no, i dont think it is factored in there. I tried 4 times booking guarantee and not one time was i upgraded--not even to a one deck higher.

I also book my cruises many months in advance--most times as soon as prices come out-which is 18-20 months ahead of time. I get rock bottom prices.

IMHO-- the people who paid more will get upgraded first.

If cabins together is important-- you dont want to take the chance of a guarantee. You could all be on the same deck but spread apart.

And just found out today we got an 8F. No extended, no suite, no wrap, but it's a cruise, on a great ship, and it's a balcony. First time I've ever gone the Gty route, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again!

Silc

Not exactly a balcony guarantee but we booked an OV guarantee and ended up with an 8A midship on the Liberty. It was a wonderful location so I don't think you get whatever is left over.

This time around, we booked a balcony guarantee and I'm looking forward to finding out our cabin assignment.

If you were requesting a particular balcony cabin on the Glory, which one would you request, and why?

any aft cabin on deck 6== bigger balcony for the same price. Cabin is the same size as the rest.

Awesome views-- not worried about being on the wrong side. Quiet hallways-

Archived