Paying for services with romeinlimo

We used Romeinlimo for our Florence and Rome tours both. WE had a wonderful time, and laughed a little when we saw the ship tours following along behind the lady with the flag.....waiting patiently for stragglers...we only had 3 and it was well worth the extra cost to get more out of our tour. The tip at the end was such a little piece of the cost that it was gladly given for a job well done. We gave 15%.

Bob&Sandy: Romeinlimo is not the same company as the one you mentioned.....although it has the same words in it. Romeinlimo is for me the best!

I am also curious on this travellers checks in Euros?? Where can I get them in the states?? I will check with AAA, but are they available at local banks as well?
Hi-they were available to us free of charge through our local CAA. I got our money converted into Euros at our local bank,then took the Euros to CAA and got travellers cheques. It was the only way it would work for me.

As someone else mentioned, it may be hard to exchange TC at the European banks, so I just had enough to cover the tour through romeinlimo. The rest of the time we used our debit card with no problem.

As far as tipping, I believe we tipped our St. Peter's guide 10 euros, and Duman was either 10-15 euros, I honestly don't remember.

Hope I've answered your questions. Shelly:)

I just wanted to thank everyone who replied to this thread. You've given me options and ideas on how to handle the payment and also an idea on the tips. I appreciate it! Thanks again!

After reading comments/recommendations on private tour guides in Rome, I'm wondering if the tours allow time to walk around in the Forum?

Hi-If you tell the driver/guide that you wish to spend time walking around the Forum, then you will get that time. Our driver was extremely flexible with the schedule-the only reason we didn't have time to walk around the Forum is because of a storm we had had at sea the day before which limited our time in Rome. As I've said before, it was nobody's fault-just the way the day went-but I know we still saw more than most people who may have taken the ship's tour.

Even seeing the Forum from above is breathtaking. It really made my day!! Shelly:)

After reading comments/recommendations on private tour guides in Rome, I'm wondering if the tours allow time to walk around in the Forum?

We used RomeinLimo for our group of six in 3 cities. Our drivers and guides were very flexible. We gave them an idea of what we wanted to do, see... there were some things we were just not interested in, so we skipped altogether, or just did a quick drive-by. None of us were big shoppers either, but we were looking for a few items in particular for our kids/friends back home. We told them what we were looking for and they took us to the best places to get what we needed. Saved us lots of shopping frustrations and time! I would highly recommend them.

• 2 weeks later...

We used RomeinLimo a few weeks ago and were very satisfied with the service they provided. We had them meet us at FCO for a transfer to our hotel in Rome. We picked up euros at an atm at the airport in order to pay in cash. There were six of us and the cost was not much more than if we had taken the train. Next we had them take us from Rome to Civitivechia again the service was great, driver on time and car very comfortable. Lastly we used them from Civitivechia back to FCO. As our flights were in the evening and we didn't want to sit around at the airport all day we took a tour of the countryside. We saw Etruscan tombs, had coffee by a lake, visited Bracchainno, and had a delicious lunch at the tiny town of Cere. It was a very pleasant morning and as there were seven of us didn't cost much more than the Cruise line were charging for tranfers to the airport. Jany is wonderful, she is so quick to reply to any queries you may have. We were very impressed with the service.

I asked Jany about paying in USD and here was the reply:

Regarding payment, please use this site to see the exchange rate

www.xe.com

If you want to pay in USD, please look up the rate on this site before your

trip, as we go after the daily rate.

Archived