Awesome Orca Tours

weechloe

Don't hesitate to book this tour. It was the best we've done and the scenery and the whales were awesome. Some people were booking that morning. It is a private tour and the naturalist on board was very informative. A tour that you should not let pass by.

Don't hesitate to book this tour. It was the best we've done and the scenery and the whales were awesome. Some people were booking that morning. It is a private tour and the naturalist on board was very informative. A tour that you should not let pass by.

It is difficult to book this based on the info you give.

Charles,

We are also booked on this tour for Juneau, but we never received confirmation from them. Did you? We are sailing on August 30. We heard from Chilkoot and Island Wings, but not Orca. Does anyone know if they're slow about confirmation??? I was going to call them tomorrow-saw this post and thought someone might have some ideas on this.

Thanks! Terri

Orca Enterprises, in Juneau, has a great reputation for productive whale watching tours. And yes, they ask for at least 2 weeks to confirm your reservations via email. I saw someone on a previous post had stated that they were a bit behind in their email correspondence......this being their busy time of the year. If it has been more than three weeks.....I would just give them a call. They are very nice to do business with and have done this for a long time. gg

Charles,

We are also booked on this tour for Juneau, but we never received confirmation from them. Did you? We are sailing on August 30. We heard from Chilkoot and Island Wings, but not Orca. Does anyone know if they're slow about confirmation??? I was going to call them tomorrow-saw this post and thought someone might have some ideas on this.

Thanks! Terri

I have received e-mail confirmation from Orca for my tour at the end of July. It came two or three weeks after I booked. Island Wings was a lot harder. Somewhat difficult to reach and make the booking. The Island Wings confirmation came by U.S. mail! I expect all the companies in Alaska are very busy right now since this is their high season. I think they are all small companies so they can't respond fast at this time of year.

We also have this tour booked in a couple of weeks. I booked it months ago when they weren't quite as busy but they had trouble sending my confirmation because (I forget who I talked to) my email address was written down wrong. They ended up calling me again and everything was received.

We just did this tour last week while on the Infinity. Capt Larry is very quiet but can find the whales. We even got to see a 6 month old baby with it's mother. The baby just played in the water for about 20-30 minutes - fantastic! Agree with previous comments on the naturalist on board - very knowledgeable and experienced.

I never did get the email confirmation, but they were very organized and had me on the list when I checked in and I got a receipt at their office for the pre-paid fare.

Enjoy - Carol

Sorry to mislead. I meant the Orca tour was awesome. It definitely was with Orca Enterprises and we were with Captain Larry. We did receive a confirmation that I couldn't access but they then faxed it to me. They are most helpful and I can't imagine anyone being disappointed.

Archived